Nirnaeth Arnoediad v1.2
vs bomber attack moves for most ships
added Hiigaran EMP Platform
increased hiigaran Platforms Health
increased Marauder viability
Increased some module ranges and power
Added more descriptive readme
v1.01 Fixed the Vaygr AI problem.
Thought I would finally get this out.
You can visit the webpage here.
You can get the file direct here
And if you got it before this post then you can get the Patch here.
This mod started as a way to give each Race a more distinctive feel in regards to their visual and strategic style. Along the way I've added a few new ships found on the net and polished it up a bit so that every ship has a proper icon, formation position and build/research paths.
I take no credit for any of the new models, although I am rather proud of the icons and some of the behaviours and specific roles I've managed to tweak out of the engine. I think of it as a mini expansion, with the new units and abilities really adding to the strategy already present in Homeworld 2.
Changes (what I can remember)
- Changed all ship icons
- Changed all Vaygr munitions to red lasers, and added more blue to Hiigaran.
- Changed model for Hgn_Scout
- Both races now have the ability to summon a Dreadnaught.
- Heavy Interceptor. Defensive Fighter. (new model)
- Cloaking Frigate. Mobile invisibility.
- Artillery Frigate. Long Range Anti Capital Frigate. (new model)
- Pulsar Platform. Anti Corvette.
- EMP Platfrom. Can disable ships.
- Support Cruiser. Anti Fighter Capital with buildable Weapon SubSystems. (newish model)
- Decoy Drone. Deployed by BattleCruisers to divert enemy fire.
- New ship class, Droids, which require a Droid Module.
- Attack Droid, attacks SubSystems and can disable missiles. (newish model)
- Rammer Droid, pushes enemy Capital Class ships away from battle. (newish model)
- Marauder. Anti Frigate Fighter. (new model)
- Turreted Laser Corvette. Multi-Role. (new model)
- Stealth Corvette. Can Cloak and Disrupts Sensors.
- Defence Frigate. Shoots down incoming missiles and disables ships.
- Battle Carrier. Well rounded Capital.
- Deep Space Probe. Who needs ping? ; )
- Replaced Hiigaran Cloaking Module with Defence Field, Vaygr Fire Control Tower with Black Hole Generator.
- Defence Field Module. Envelopes the ship with a shield.
- Regeneration Module. Enables Support Cruisers to heal nearby ships.
- Black Hole Generator. Stops enemy Strike Craft cold, but slows your own ships by half.
- Resource Guardian Module. Enables Battle Carriers to reroute power to Shield and Gathering systems.
- Weapon Systems Module. Boosts offensive capabilities of Battle Carriers.
Nearly every ship has had it's stats tweaked in some way or another.
- Fighters have flight behaviours derived from the Dynamic Fighters mod.
- Frigates are tougher, more specialized, can Dock, and behave more intelligently against different ships.
- Vaygr strength lies with their Strike Craft and mobility, Hiigaran with their Frigates and defences.
- All Capital Ship Anti-Fighter capabilities upgraded.
- New attack class, Bombers, to allow certain ships priority targeting.
- More liberal use of EMP weapons.
- Mobile Cloaking for both races.
- Different starting fleets.
- Increased Fleet size for large Unit Cap games. Caps reflect racial differences.
- Deeper strategy and tactics with more ships, more unique capabilities:
Hiigaran gain extra defensive qualities with Shields and Platforms, EMP Platforms are especially dangerous, able to stun Strikecraft and Frigates. These 2 features alone can make Hiigaran Production Ships much harder to take out. Pulsar Platforms only add to the mix.
Heavy Interceptors round out your Strike capabilities, Able to tackle Fighters and withstand Corvettes, these sturdy fighters have an EMP missile that can be launched against Frigates.
Artillery Frigates do massive damage to tight groups of Frigates and Capitals alike, able to stay out of range of enemy fire, they can be devastating to Destroyers, but have no Anti-Strike defences.
Hiigaran Support Cruisers are probably the most adaptable ship in the game. Able to tackle Strikecraft and Frigates, they can build an Ion Cannon if Anti-Capital capabilities are required. Their Regeneration Module heals any nearby ships, as well as increasing their speed. The ultimate guard, coupled with some Bombers you can hold off most attacks for some time.
Decoy Drones enable Battlecruisers to divert enemy fire away from important assets. These small fighters circle targets, giving off a Capture Class signature, extremely effective against Vaygr BattleCruisers.
Vaygr Droids are effective Anti-Capital defences, able to disable and exile enemy ships without destroying them. BattleCruisers enjoy being able to build their own Droids (with a Module) and stacking the odds in their favour.
Vaygr Black Hole Generators stop enemy StrikeCraft cold, giving then extra protection against Bombers, while Defence Frigates shoot down incoming missiles, combined they round out Vaygr Capship defences, enabling them to last much longer in battle.
Vaygr gain 3 new StrikeCraft, which really add to their hit and run capabilities.
Marauders are excellent all round Fighters, able to decimate Frigates and Platforms while accounting for StrikeCraft.
Multi-Lance Corvettes are Anti-Fighter specialists that don't mind shooting at larger targets.
Stealth Corvettes can cloak and Disrupt Sensors on the move, allowing you to get the jump on opponents.
Battle Carriers are great for Resource Expansions or to fill out a Capital Fleet. The Resource Guardian Module almost doubles the speed at which you collect Resource Units, and adds to the ships hull defences. A Battle Systems Module turns a Battle Carrier into an excellent Anti-Capital Ship, making them faster than a Destroyer, but much tougher.
The new ship icons look like this...
There is an icon for every ship in the game bar the Keeper Destroyer. Here's some more...
You can grab them alone here.