what you need:
- internet explorer
- gamespot dlx secure delivery (that's a free internet explorer add-on from gamespot)
what you do:
- sign up for free at gamespot.com with an e-mail address and a password.
- you have mail: "confirm your gamespot registration".
- login into gamespot.com with this new account.
- click any other download to trigger the installation and setup of the free download manager from gamespot.com.
- go here: http://dlx.gamespot.com/pc/wh40kdawnofwar/index.html
- click the "get auto updates" button on that page.
- open the gamespot dlx secure delivery client in your taskbar and click the window called "pending deliveries".
- click warhammer 40000 dawn of war demo.
- wait for the client to finish the download.
- if you already have the dlx client, simply go to: http://dlx.gamespot.com/pc/wh40kdawn...o_6106984.html
or to: http://www.gamespot.com/promos/dawnofwardemo/
and trigger the download of the demo.
the hard disk space requirements for the demo are:
- 319 mb of free hard disk space in order to download the demo. the dlx client downloads the demo to special folder. check the help at gamespot.com on how to find that folder. you can download the demo to any folder and drive on your system.
- 700 mb of free hard disk space in order to launch the installer. this free hard disk space is required on your system drive. that's where windows is installed. the installer extracts the files and prepares the installation of the demo.
- 425 mb of free hard disk space in order to install the demo. you can install the demo to any folder and drive on your system.
how to install the demo:
- locate and double click the demo installer.
- after launching the installation the game files are extracted to a temporary folder on the system drive of your hard disk.
- this can take a couple of minutes.
- even if it looks like that the installation froze just wait.
- after choosing where to install the demo the game files are copied to that folder.
- if you get the "out of disk space" error anytime during installation, you are most likely out of disk space on your system drive.
- once all game files are copied, the installer deletes all its temporary files from your system drive.