www.Homeworld2Complex.com
    http://complex.mastertopforum.com

Complex 9.0.1 available
    Release date: 14 November 2013
    Compatibility: Windows, Macintosh, Homeworld 2 v1.1

---
    Last edited by beghins; 16th Nov 13 at 11:11 AM. Reason: New release

Sling848
    how did you manage to finnish the mod when the game hasnt even been released?

? My mod is for Homeworld 2... is this the right place?
    I only need a hosting of 15 MByte for give it for downloading, thanks

This is the HW2 forum for completed mods, so you are in the right place.

Loki
    hmm,

Eagle114th
    If you dont mind, can you please tell us what your mod is about, along with screen shots? I am very auxious and looking foward to try your mod out! Can't wait!

Eagle out...

Archanon
    15 MB isnt much for a mod with new ships.... hod files can be pretty large...

Berrik
    His new ships may be using existing ship graphics with new stuff glued onto them like the PDS crew does.

Medivh
    that still dont answer the question, What changes are there, shiplist and so on...

BaalRoG
    I can host it for you, if you like!
    www.haeggalaxy.com

Give me a logo of your mod and i will implement it into the page and create a forum area for it.
    And if you like you will get a teamname as a leader to work on it -> Team SciFi20XX Delta...

Team Alpha works on Prophecy for Haegemonia at the moment!
    Team Beta works on X-Treme for Nexus at the moment!
    Team Gamma works on Fleet Command for Haegemonia together with Project90...

Another Team works on Shock and Awe for CnC, but that isnt sure at the moment!

So, if you like...
    But please give me a short info about your mod and what it does.
    And surely we have high quality demands for our mods...so i would like to see it first with some other members, if you are interested.

If so, please register on the page and pm me or write me a message (icq -> 86385437)

We are a growing scifi and mod community and want to expand.
    Our goals are to make wonderful mods for scifi games

Im interested in info about this mod, too

Wow... this sounds...

...complex?

Archanon
    @berrik... Well... you'll have to include the hod then also, so that's no argument...

I think this is just a lot of BS.....

OK,

Thanks BaalRoG, I'm going to contact you.
    "Hiigaran Complex" is ready and will be downloadable from www.haeggalaxy.com over the next 2-3 days.

Only I've another task to do... I need the Pipakin,s Hardpoint Editor because I can't download it from server, I think it's off-line; someone can send it to me via mail? beghins@interfree.it

About description, English is not my first language, so I need too much time in writing, I'm sure that someone of you will be glad to make description of new features, ships, ecc. once played "Hiigaran Complex".

Thanks very much, Beghins.

BaalRoG
    So didnt you reach me?

@ beghins : your English is pretty decent considering it is not your native language. One of the things I really like about the HW modding community is that people from all over are contributing to it.
    10% of life is what happens to you and 90% is what you DO about it

basher
    where can i get this mod

Ciao,

Complex 1.0 is ready, I've sent the file yesterday to BaalRoG, I think he's uploading Complex 1.0 on www.haeggalaxy.com right now.
    A new post will follow this one once the mod will be uploaded.

BaalRoG
    Its ready to be downloaded

Complex 1.0 available for download.
    Thanks to www.haeggalaxy.com for support.

Mithias
    You still havent said what this mod does and theres no description on the site either.

Sorry, a description will follow over the next days.

I tried it, its very good. If you can expand the changes to the vaygr it will be one of the top 3 mods.

Only problem is on some of the new maps there are not enough rescources.

Daton

A new version is nearly ready, and it include Vaygr too.
    A bug: in this version the map "Final Core" and "Vail Of Fire" shouldn't be included, only in those ones the resource are not enough, don't play them!

Great to hear Vaygr are thought of too.

Great also that I tried 2 maps and it was Final Core and Veil of Fire

Daton

Complex 1.0 available for download.
    Thanks to www.haeggalaxy.com for support.

A short description of Complex 1.0
    Complex is a mod for Homeworld 2 designed for players that like having long, tachtical and complex game matches; it's recommended only for H2 professional gamers, not for who's searching quick deathmatch.
    Complex tries to expand all features (research, technologies, abilities, weapons, subsystems, unit characteristics and physics) of the original game without change its game structure.
    Complex includes all the features I liked from the H2 community.
    Complex rebalances H2, changing costs, time/mode of building and research, introducing new technologies.
    Complex introduces new researchs, trying to exploit the H2 script engine to the maximum:
    -Weapon damage;
    -Weapon aim;
    -Drive;
    -Cloak strenght, detect and time;
    -Repair;
    -Shield power, regeneration and time;
    -Sensor power, distortion.
    Complex includes new units (ships, missiles):
    -Intruder;
    -Spy;
    -XBomber;
    -Multigun Corvette;
    -Sniper Frigate;
    -Shuttle;
    -Viper Missile.
    Complex includes new subsystems (modules, weapons):
    -Harvest Control Module;
    -Drive System;
    -Advanced Defense System;
    -Advanced Repair Module;
    -Anti-Radiation Module;
    -Plasma Bombs;
    -Kinetik Cannon.
    Complex includes new multiplayer maps with random generation of scenario.
    Complex introduces new gameplay improvements:
    -Bounties (grants RU after killing an enemy unit);
    -Mining Bases (grants RU after capturing a mining base);
    -Selectable Starting Fleet (allows to start with different fleet: small, normal, large, huge);
    -Random music;
    -Weapon effects, unit characteristics and physics rebalancing.
    Complex has been tested for very much time during multiplayer matches; what has been ascertained: the medium time of a match is 2 hours; the medium percentual of research is 60%. This means that the player can choose various development lines (speed, technologies, weapons, ecc.).
    Comples has been developed for Internet/LAN gaming only; AI doesn't work, I advice to play against AI (player VS CPU) only for testing and trainig.
    Complex actually works only for the Hiigaran race, Vaygr race will be implemented depending of the diffusion of the mod.

Guilmaee
    I cant get this mod work. I can select Complex options but i dont find any new units or subsystems.

Sorry my bad spelling.

Can you select Complex into game (multiplayer or player VS CPU)?
    You should be able to view all, but you have to select Hiigaran race too, remember that Complex 1.0 works only for Hiigaran, Vaygr actually is in progress.
    If you have any other mod installed you have to remove it.

Ciao...

Guilmaee
    No help need anymore. Forgot "-overridebigfile".

Sorry DP

BaalRoG
    This mod is great! Thank you that i can host it

Many things could be expanded to make it even more fantastic!
    Did you ask some modekllers to use their modells to integrate more units?

:meh: What!! No Vaygr enhancements! :smash:

Filthy Hiigaran whores!!! :cranky:

--Ride

Complex 1.1 is available for download, see the first post of this thread for details.
    I apologize with who has a slow connection and has to download Complex two times in two days but I've discovered some critical bugs and I've fixed them.
    I'm sure that the new version will be Complex 2.0 and will go out the next week; it will include full support for Vaygr.

Thanks, Beghins, ciao...

This mod is great! Thank you that i can host it

Many things could be expanded to make it even more fantastic!
    Did you ask some modekllers to use their modells to integrate more units?
    Thanks,
    really I'm searching for 3D artists that want to cooperate in Complex.
    If someone has time to spend in building units, let me know!
    These are the improvements I would like to include at the moment:
    One big cannon for Mothership (subsystem, like Cataclysm);
    Weapon subsystems, still for Mothership (in this case it should be sufficient change the scale to ion, kinetik and plasma bombs just used for Battlecruiser);
    Also a big Bomb Vassel (like Juggernaught in DR2, remember?), but this one is too complex and I think it require too much time.

Let me know if someone want join this job, ciao...

BaalRoG
    New version is up! 1.1a ready for download!

The Monkey
    I love your mod man. Gald someone thought about this! :bandit:

bobafett
    hey baalrog i am logged in your site but i can't download complex mod or watch the newsletter, the Members List, Statistics, Journal, Top 10, Top Users, Project Summary

can you help me

BaalRoG
    hmm, which browser do you use?
    are you logged in as bobafett and have you got the email to authentificate yourself?

voidster
    Ill give this mod a shot. What the heck

voidster
    Ok 1st impressions. Needs MAJOR work. Just going against a standard AI (vagar) and I as HG, they came in swarming around before i had a chance to really respond. It took WAY too long to build up enough resources and ships to counter attack. Resources are EXTREMELY low for something that is supposed to add to game time. If you fellas intend the resources to stay this low you must change the cost of subsystems, ships and research. Either that or just bump up the resource amounts (i mean seesh the type 4 asteroid is only 1600 :blah: )

good points though, is that many of the research technologies are well thought out, and make quite a bit of sense. (for instance the armor add on research for subsystems and the harvest improvement features)

Definately a good start, but needs a lot of TLC. Im sure once you get the Vagar side completed and update a few odds and ends this mod will be a lot more popular.

Voidster,

thanks for your analysis. All that you said will be arranged in Complex 2.0, I think it will go out over the next 3-4 days; it will support Vaygr side, and AI too (actually AI is not implemented, is that the reason "you had no chance to respond"
    Complex 1.0/1.1 has been tested and created only for Hiigaran VS Hiigaran without CPU, and that's the way to play version 1.1
    But, sorry, resource harvesting still will be slow, because that's the philosophy of Complex.

PHP Code:
    i mean seesh the type 4 asteroid is only 1600 
    Really I've not understood, resources are very large in Complex (have you set resource cap to high/very high?), may be you've found a bug...

Ciao, Beghins

Snuff
    You realize that we have to become members of www.haeggalaxy.com in order to download this mod, don't you?

Mr. Pete
    spiderweb marketing

voidster
    beghins

Tried it again, This time i focused a bit more on that Anti-cap ship missile. Wow that made short work outta the opponents. :evilnod:
    I didnt see very high listed under the resource option, ill check it again.

Looking foreward to the update fellas,
    void

Ciao,

voidster,
    I didnt see very high listed under the resource option, ill check it again.
    In multiplayer menu you have to select "Complex" instead of "deathmatch" like game type elsewere the game rules don't work... this is another inperfection that I'm going to fix, thanks

BaalRoG
    sure, because i cant support a download for thousands of people...
    thats why onlay members can download... traffic is expensive...
    sorry

Snuff
    Crash Report: See bottom for details

Wed Oct 27 21:46:18 2004
    UTIL -- filepath failure, path doesn't exists 'C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\data\locale\English'
    Uing ..profiles\ for profiles folder
    Changing from a 32 bit colour depth in winNT (5.1 build 2600), Service Pack 2
    Using ATI Technologies Inc.'s 1.4.4063 WinXP Release RADEON 9800 Pro x86/SSE2 renderer (Suspected driver is atioglxx.dll 6.14.10.4063)
    SOUND -- created destination [ fdaudio ], handle [ 4 ] with [ 48 ] channels created
    SOUND -- created destination [ fda streamer ], handle [ 5 ] with [ 8 ] channels created
    Build name: Sajuuk-Khar - AutoBuild3498 - Ordered by smmatte
    Built by : mrbuild
    Data path : C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\data
    No mapping for font 'GenericSubtitleFont' - using 'default'
    GAME -- Using player profile Player1
    Resetting fp control word.
    CmdLine: -overridebigfile
    Starting Level: data:LevelData\Multiplayer\Deathmatch\2P_HOSTILITIES_END.LEVEL
    EngineTrailStatic::getTweaks requesing index(7) that doesn't exist.
    EngineTrailStatic::getTweaks requesing index(10) that doesn't exist.
    luaplayer 72: Player_RestrictResearchOption: unable to restrict (KeeperWeaponUpgradeSPGAME_M10_LVL_1)
    parameter: 0
    stack traceback:
    1: function `RestrictOptions' at line 27 [string ""]
    2: function `MPRestrict' at line 69 [string ""]
    3: function `OnInit' at line 89 [file `...orld2\Data\LevelData\Multiplayer\Deathmatch.lua']
    luaplayer 72: Player_RestrictResearchOption: unable to restrict (KeeperWeaponUpgradeSPGAME_M10_LVL_2)
    stack traceback:
    1: function `RestrictOptions' at line 28 [string ""]
    3: function `OnInit' at line 89 [file `...orld2\Data\LevelData\Multiplayer\Deathmatch.lua']
    luaplayer 72: Player_RestrictResearchOption: unable to restrict (KeeperWeaponUpgradeSPGAME_M10_LVL_3)
    stack traceback:
    1: function `RestrictOptions' at line 29 [string ""]
    luaplayer 72: Player_RestrictResearchOption: unable to restrict (KeeperWeaponUpgradeSPGAME_M10_LVL_4)
    stack traceback:
    1: function `RestrictOptions' at line 30 [string ""]
    luaplayer 72: Player_RestrictResearchOption: unable to restrict (KeeperWeaponUpgradeSPGAME_M10_LVL_5)
    stack traceback:
    1: function `RestrictOptions' at line 31 [string ""]
    luaplayer 72: Player_RestrictResearchOption: unable to restrict (KeeperWeaponUpgradeSPGAME_M10_LVL_6)
    stack traceback:
    1: function `RestrictOptions' at line 32 [string ""]
    luaplayer 72: Player_RestrictResearchOption: unable to restrict (KeeperHealthUpgradeSPGAME_M10_LVL_1)
    stack traceback:
    1: function `RestrictOptions' at line 33 [string ""]
    luaplayer 72: Player_RestrictResearchOption: unable to restrict (KeeperHealthUpgradeSPGAME_M10_LVL_2)
    stack traceback:
    1: function `RestrictOptions' at line 34 [string ""]
    luaplayer 72: Player_RestrictResearchOption: unable to restrict (KeeperHealthUpgradeSPGAME_M10_LVL_3)
    stack traceback:
    1: function `RestrictOptions' at line 35 [string ""]
    Starting Level: data:LevelData\Multiplayer\deathmatch\2P_HOSTILITIES_END.LEVEL
    luaplayer 72: Player_RestrictResearchOption: unable to restrict (KeeperWeaponUpgradeSPGAME_M10_LVL_1)
    stack traceback:
    1: function `RestrictOptions' at line 27 [string ""]
    3: function `OnInit' at line 204 [string ""]
    luaplayer 72: Player_RestrictResearchOption: unable to restrict (KeeperWeaponUpgradeSPGAME_M10_LVL_2)
    stack traceback:
    1: function `RestrictOptions' at line 28 [string ""]
    luaplayer 72: Player_RestrictResearchOption: unable to restrict (KeeperWeaponUpgradeSPGAME_M10_LVL_3)
    stack traceback:
    1: function `RestrictOptions' at line 29 [string ""]
    luaplayer 72: Player_RestrictResearchOption: unable to restrict (KeeperWeaponUpgradeSPGAME_M10_LVL_4)
    stack traceback:
    1: function `RestrictOptions' at line 30 [string ""]
    luaplayer 72: Player_RestrictResearchOption: unable to restrict (KeeperWeaponUpgradeSPGAME_M10_LVL_5)
    stack traceback:
    1: function `RestrictOptions' at line 31 [string ""]
    luaplayer 72: Player_RestrictResearchOption: unable to restrict (KeeperWeaponUpgradeSPGAME_M10_LVL_6)
    stack traceback:
    1: function `RestrictOptions' at line 32 [string ""]
    luaplayer 72: Player_RestrictResearchOption: unable to restrict (KeeperHealthUpgradeSPGAME_M10_LVL_1)
    stack traceback:
    1: function `RestrictOptions' at line 33 [string ""]
    luaplayer 72: Player_RestrictResearchOption: unable to restrict (KeeperHealthUpgradeSPGAME_M10_LVL_2)
    stack traceback:
    1: function `RestrictOptions' at line 34 [string ""]
    luaplayer 72: Player_RestrictResearchOption: unable to restrict (KeeperHealthUpgradeSPGAME_M10_LVL_3)
    stack traceback:
    1: function `RestrictOptions' at line 35 [string ""]
    parameter: attempt to call global `SetStartFleetSuffix' (a nil value)
    stack traceback:
    1: function `OnInit' at line 241 [string ""]
    SCAR ERROR: could not find OnInit function in rule file (data:LevelData\Multiplayer\HOMEWORLDCLASSIC.LUA) -- FATAL EXIT -- scar/223:! --stack trace-- 0x0062519F: getLibraryID () 0x004948BF: GSLobbySessionDesc::operator= () 0x0049034A: GSLobbySessionDesc::operator= () 0x0049090B: GSLobbySessionDesc::operator= ()

The stuff in blue seems to be the real problem, but I don't know how to fix it.
    Help anyone??
    Last edited by Snuff; 28th Oct 04 at 7:44 AM.

bobafett
    baalrog wrotes
    hmm, which browser do you use?
    are you logged in as bobafett and have you got the email to authentificate yourself?
    I it's internet explorer.
    I am logged as bobafett and i have recived the e-mail, i have cliked the link and writed what it wants.
    But when i go to "your account"(i log in) it says i'm offline and "you are not a subscriver of haegemonia galaxy"
    Edit: i have found the problem(i am a stupid ), i'm downloading it now :yippee: , thanks for your assistance baalrog
    Last edited by bobafett; 30th Oct 04 at 11:56 AM.

Snuff,

wait for Complex 2.0, I'm going to upload right now, your problem should be fixed.
    Last edited by beghins; 29th Oct 04 at 5:07 PM.

Snuff
    Well thanks Beghins.

I know that I'm not a dummy when it comes to sorting through most of this, but that error is completely alien to me. So even though I could FIND the error, I couldn't DO anything about it. :argh:

By the way, the HW2 log complained about the Gun & Ion turrets having repairability but not having repair points. I fixed that error in mine by simply removing the "Canberepaired" bit. Didn't know if you knew that or not.

I look forward to playing your mod. I may be a part of PDS, but I always like to test out cool ideas.

Snuff :skull:

Snuff
    Beghins, let me know when 2.0 is online.

Page 1 of 68 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread Information