Just a thought.
At the 3 minute mark (almost precisely) you can have your CL in a squad of PSMs, backed up by horrors, in your opponent's base.
This was done using the Valley of Khorne map vs SM, on insane difficulty. The computer died.
It does cripple your economy.
Get a second heritic then a cultist:
- Build power then temple.
- Your cultist should be flagging points, closest ones first.
- Build sacrificial circle.
- Build CL.
Sacrificial circle completes:
- Sell HQ.
- Build a squad of PSMs
- Build a LP.
CL completes (1:45 -- 2:00):
- Go exploring.
- Sell the temple.
PSMs complete (2:18):
- Stick the CL with them and attack.
- Build Horrors now.
- Overwatch PSMs.
Around 3:00 or shortly thereafter you should have CL + 5 PSMs + 5 Horrors in the enemy base. The income you have is barely enough to maintain the PSMs. (ie you're gonna be at most +36/+10).
I've only tested this against the computer, and only against SM on insane difficulty. If the CL dies, you're stuffed. So, you gotta get rid of their FC asap. Also, the computer didn't bother melee'ing my Horrors, which is pretty dumb.
Anyways, just a thought. Haven't tried it on humans yet. Will this evening.
- Does work against humans, even if they know its coming.
- Does work against all races, except of course orcs. If you encounter orcs, don't sell your barracks (you will already have sold your HQ by the time you meet them). Its ok, you can still build an armory to get rocket launchers (which you'll need since you won't be getting vehicles anytime soon) and bolters.
- Haven't tested against entangle.
- If you're on any map other than Khorne, you'll need to skip on the LP. Coz the points are too far away and you cannot afford the LP. Don't worry, it still works.