Rendy.[CZech]

Bridge Too Far (2)

Map title: Bridge Too far
    # Players: 2
    Size: small
    Theme: Jungle
    Designed for: Control area, Take nad Hold

Story:
    In September 41 944 AD was liberated Paris Port on planet Europus. Bu the Army had problem with food supply. Libarian Montogomerus IV thank up the plan caled Market Garden. The main goal of plan was to take and hold Arnheimon bridge in sector Holandias.

Instalation
    extract files to Folder (you must create these folders before instalation)
    ...\Dawn of War\W40k\Data\Scenarios\MP\

DOWNLOAD

Last edited by Rendy.[CZech]; 31st Dec 04 at 5:25 AM.

MK_o0
    Really great map!!!
    It's been a pleasure to play with that!

Fhloston
    This map is looks great. 10/10

one point:

The choas/marine CPUs seem to have a problem with the CP, they sometimes mass all it's forces there and they get stuck (seems like it has somethign to do with the size of marine/CSM squads as eldar and orks dont seem to get stuck there.

I think widening the bridge slightly would fix this, or maybe changing the CP away from the middle part of the bridge.

F.

kilrathatar
    Very Impressed with the map;

1) tactically it provides a number of opportunities
    2) It doesnt punish you for a tactical error as it allows you to have a strong base

I have enjoyed a number of skirmishes in the No-Mans Land, whilst teching up to a hirer tier, which is a rare occurance for me

-|EoT|-Havoc
    omfg this map owns relic's maps imo

[BBF]SaMuRaI
    Hey, how do u create ure own maps?

SaMuRaI ~

lol I love the background from Operation Market Garden in ww2... plus it is one suberb map. To Samurai, you can download relic's dow tools at www.dowfiles.com and make your own maps with the mission editor.

Cortanus
    This map is awesome. The screenshots look incredible and don't even do it justice.

I love the map as everyone else. Only problem I have is that the AI doesn't play Take 'n' Hold at all on the map. Not an issue that is specific to this map however. I think maybe it could have benefited from a ai_chokepoint marker in the middle.

Too many games the AI has just tried to play Annihilate with me while the center critical objective went uncontested. Made for a very unhappy ending.

Love,

Hanna
    Former Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War Community Map Maker

In Ur Gubbinz, Makin' Dem Orky Titler's Avatar
    I'm not sure the AI not playing TnH is the maps fault perse, Hanna... As you know, my beta map had an AI checkpoint on the central hill, but even when I played with either a 50 metre or 200 metre radius, the AI just ignored it. The only time I ever saw them take the point was when I'd deleted the marker entirely (which is how I left it for the final release). The AI just seems to be rather screwy with map editor made levels it seems... or they have rather more complex topographical awareness than so far has been designed for
    Maps! Brainboy'z Hill GE - Get Yer Grotz On! - Dulce Et Decorum Est
    "Titler": Onomatopoeic, what my baby brother said when trying to tell me I was getting "Elite" for Christmas.

Right, I totally didn't say that it was a problem exclusive to this map. Maybe the ai_chokepoint marker could help, maybe not. I don't know if Rendy has tried it. It does seem to work on some maps and not others.

I figure if I bitch about it enough, Relic will upgrade the AI in the rumored "expansion of the franchise" that THQ will allow them to make.

Love,

Hanna

dark_dracko
    yeah, hanna is right, relic should make these bots a little more focused in T&H games. MY map huntings_4p has ai-chokepoints on the 4 straticic objectives, the relic and the slag deposit. noone build the slag because everyone was fighting for it and i only held the relic with all my dark reapers and fire prisms gaurding it. ai_chokepoints are great and the bigger the radious the more important it seems (relic was bigger so when i took it they got MAD)

Wow! I think you've decoded an important part of the ai_chokepoint puzzle, Dark Dracko!

Do you think you could spare some time to share your thoughts in the FAQ in the RDN Mod Tools forum Sticky-FAQ?

We now return you to discussion of this lovely and fierce map, Bridge Too Far.

Love,

Hanna

Rendy.[CZech]
    My computer is broken, but when I get it back, i will try add ai_chokepoint entity and we will see

moenrg
    dark dracko how big did you make the radius? I tried 0.5 to 2.0 and there seemed to be no difference.

Hi. I'm a member of the AI mod team. If you can give us more details on the AI problem with T&H we may be of assistance. I don't have the dev tool so getting a map with and without ai chokepoints will be of help to nail the problem.

I think this is a good "without" example.

Dead Man's Crossing (one of Relic's Maps) is a "with" example. the ai_chokepoints are at the edge of the river on both sides.

As for having multiples, I don't know of a good example. River Canyon (in my sig) has multiples and they won't use the smaller ones that I made (on the cliffs), but they go like gangbusters for the middle one which has a radius of 20 and is placed on the only critical objective.

Biggest problem for the AI is that it won't use teleporting or jumping troops to get to an inaccessible plateau or other terrain feature that may include a relic or critical objective or strategic point. Or just to hang out up there and crack open a couple of brewskis and watch the battle.

Does that help?

Love,

Hanna

Big_Al
    Best 1v1 map i have ever played

IcarusJG
    I second that! :P

Rendy.[CZech]
    Complaiment were taken in mind and I'm working on SE version of Bridge

Thread Information