Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"The Book: The God-Man/Neo-Tech Discovery"

Poster Formerly Known As naradaman's Avatar

"The Book: The God-Man/Neo-Tech Discovery"

Has anybody come across this book? Or the whole Neo-Tech principle?

This is one of the scariest things I have ever seen in my life. I was visiting my mate this weekend, and I saw this dirty great book on his table (probably with more text than the Bible in it). He had lent it from somebody at work, he thought it sounded interesting.

The authour of this book, and millions of other people I can imagine, believe that humans are due for another evoloutionary leap. Where we become God-Man. God-Man has infinite happiness, perfect health, an elongated life span and many beautiful women.

To achieve that status of God-Man, we have to use the principles of Neo-Tech, or Neo-Thinking. Eventually, the good and moral neo-thinkers will overthrow the worlds governments and destroy the "anti-civilisation", then we will become God-Man. We will enjoy a true civilisation, one free from corruption, lies and immoral people.

Now I'm not trying to start an argument here, I was wondering whether anybody on these forums knows anymore about this shit. Or, God-forbid, they believe in it. All respect to anybody who believes in this stuff, but this is absoloute bull-crap.

I sat down and skimmed through the book, for about an hour (it took that long). It disusses "How You Will Become God-Man", "Jesus' Secret Message to Humanity", "The Fifth Dimension". It tells us that we should stop being selfless, being selfless actually hurts society. Then it tells us to become selfish.

This is seriously verging on cult. I was fucking pissing myself laughing reading this shit, how we will become elevated beings part of the super society.

It seems like the author has taken basic self-help principles and totally blown them out of proportion, into something verging on religion.

I found their website, but it is extremely crappy and doesn't give you the full picture. I suggest everyone of you to borrow/beg/steal a copy of this book, it was one of the funniest reads I've ever had.

http://www.neo-tech.com

The website has got over 34 million hits, so it's obviously not unknown. Also not the negative comment s page being about 20 times longer than the positive comments.

It's fucking idiotic what these people are doing.

I've got to go to bed now, sorry if my post is disjointed, I'm tired. And by the way, I'm not mongering for an evoloution or religion argument here. I want to know peoples feelings on it.

EDIT: Grammer.
    "So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark — that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back."

Religion is what I worship.

Cult is what I don't worship.

This cult.

:werd:
    My direction, not my intention, will determine my destination. - A.S.

Interesting.
    Black Clouds & Silver Linings

Hopefully at the lake. Miss that place terribly in the winter.
    Look, no offense, but this really isn't that much wilder than the concepts behind christian religions these days.

The top criteria for belief in both is identical - faith in concepts for which there is no hard evidence. In this one's case, the concept is you becoming a god, instead of being a happy servant of a separate, omnipotent God after you die.

Gotta admit, though - this one is pretty much anti-society (at least in its present description), while "modern" Christianity professes charity and societal assistance where possible. I think I'm much more comfortable with believers in the latter, as long as they don't proselytize too much.

Wonder how many of those 34 million hits are people who have heard of the thing and are checking it out for the entertainment value. I'd suspect "true believers" would hit the site every day, so it could also mean a hundred thousand proscribers have bookmarked it as their homepage. :/

-- Retro

I really got a kick out of the "positive" vs "negative" comments they list.

Quote Originally Posted by Positive
    I enjoy reading The Book. It is very intriguing and mind-expanding. In all, I find there are many positive ideas and it encourages one to lead a productive life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negative
    Few weeks ago I received the neo tech crap book, it turns you into drones of Satan so I burned the crap and pissed on it. die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111
    As a cult, it still pales in comparison to TimeCube.

GOD IS CORNERED AS A QUEER.

Yes, but Timecube absolutely has to be a joke. Nobody can be that insane.

Yeah, naradaman, if you're kind of uncomfortable with the existence of this whole idea, "try" Scientology (It's too dangerous to actually try.) I mean, that'll really blow your mind. What you've found kind of sounds like a blend of Rand and mysticism?

But, I'm going to be late for my own religious services at this rate, excuse me.
    Read Our Intrepid Crew, updating weekly on Tuesdays.

Chapter 1 - Chapter 2 - Start here

Fine then, pick your poison. There's plently of sites out there just as wacky as timecube.

Required reading for those contemplating scientology: Operation Clambake.

Thanks, Apollyon. That's what I meant to say.

I myself Hate every religion there is on this planet. Religion has been the couse of almost all the wars in history and future.

Also, I do believe that one day the morale-pure people will take over. They will be smart, hate coruption, etc.... Though as of yet There are very few people like that.

Today the world works this way: The dumber you are the more you will be worshiped.

Btw, What a weird book lol

10. Child's Play Donor Technical Help Senior Member General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member Forum Subscriber  #10
    I'd really like to address your points, guilliman, but the part of my brain that is responsible for logical thinking committed suicide after I read your first sentence.

DarthVaygr
    Although the negative comments page is 20 times longer than the positive comments page, and they look a fair bit more ehhh...willing? Although most of them are vague, some of them looked at the book in the right way. The top of the page of the negative comments is full of "OMG JESUS ROX!!" and "BURN IN HELL!" type comments, although the bottom of the negative page has alot more rationale thinkers countering points in the book.

Although, Mohammad (PBUH) a cold-blooded killer? Ehh...no.

Relic Lifting Services ltd. Mikk's Avatar
    I'll make some more braincells commit suicide and say that I pretty much hate every religion on earth.

I like some cults tho, aslong as they aren't too idiotic or offensive/afgressive.. whatever.

This book looks quite odd. No I've never heard of it before :duck:

I myself Hate every religion there is on this planet. Religion has been the couse of almost all the wars in history and future.
    I'm not going to go further than say that I don't believe more fighting has been caused by religion than say, greed for instance. This cult is doing much more harmful things to society than Christianity has or will ever do.

Christianity or just theology in general, in essence is a good thing for society. (This doesn't mean that the people who might practise it are good, just the ideas and basis). Even at it's most broken down form, it gives people a reason not to do bad things. But this cult preaches that priests of Christianity are evil, why? Because they are exploiting peoples open mind and want to believe in something, to benefit themselves. The Book calls this neocheating, no joke.

And by the way, if anyone was thinking how do you "neo-think" anyway? The Book, after spending all my time poring over it, never actually directly says how to use/practise it. The Book made passing comments about "fully integrated honesty" or somesuch, but personally I don't see how doing this will make us God-Man. Or how it's any different from following The Ten Commandments, for instance.

EDIT: That cube thing has got to be a joke.

Though this cult and book is ridiculous, the general thrust of maximum selfishness leading to maximum benefit for all is a rising belief among libertarians and social darwinists. It is also used by corporate executives who lie and cheat and defraud to justify their activities. It grows out of the hyper-capitalist theory that an unregulated market will naturally be the most efficient and equitable.

Basically it's a "we're-good-guys-after-all" rationalization of bad activities people do anyways.
    Remember: you're a blogger. Pretense is your co-pilot.

In other words, Shoe, incredibly flimsy rationalization?

-- Retro

Incredibly. I guess this appeals to people, it tells them what they want, and it seems credibility doesn't come into it.

Like I said before, the opening chapters sound alot like self help ideas. Like finding your "down-stream focus", which is just a buzzword for your dream job. Or rather one that you enjoy, if you are operating in the up-stream focus, you become unhappy and less efficient, and therefore less productive.

But then after that it just get's less and less believable, and more hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by guilliman2
    I share some of your sentiments although what you say there isnt entirely true. Whilst historically religions have caused a huge amount of bloodshed you cant pin every war on them. Causes of wars are split between religion, politics and imperialism (or "greed" as someone said further up) - in the last century alone its easy to cite examples of wars that had nothing to do with religion: the cold war (politics) and world war 1 (imperialism).

Whilst I do dislike what religions stand for I am quite happy for people to have their faith provided that they dont try to force it on others (especially me). It does make me quite angry when I read about christians travelling to Asia to convert people from the "evils of idol worship" and soforth when, from my perspective, both religions are equally logical and each has as much right to exist as the other.

New religions/cults like the one in the original post are either started by crazy individuals who actually believe what theyre preaching or by individuals who wish to con people into giving them money and/or simply to gain power over them. If its the latter (money and power) then they are simply continuing a long tradition of using religion for selfish ends. We should hope that cults like these are being used simply to take peoples money (or have been set up by legitimate crazies) - a large cult with a leader whos interested in power could be a dangerous thing.

Stealthy Defender of Russia Russian Ninja's Avatar
    That's pretty much the general opinion of people around here: We don't care what you believe in, so long as you don't force it on us. And as for cults, well they're pretty volatile things by nature, so it's not very easy for them to group together with coherency, especially over the net. And if we do get a whole bunch of wacko suicidalists gathering together, well we can always turn to our "Ever Reliable" ATF.

It does make me quite angry when I read about christians travelling to Asia to convert people from the "evils of idol worship" and soforth
    Especially when there's so much evil idol worship right here at home!

possibly stomach-turning picture. Don't wear this at home, kiddies!

-- Retro

Awwww.. But they make such a lovely couple.. :luff:

Weird.

Basically wars based on to any real extent have not occured in about 300 years. From 1700, they were issues of imperialism and power politics. Greed is the basis of almost every war, occasionally religion is used as an attempt to justify it. Personally, I think all religion is bunk, but I do believe it has a mostly positive role to play in society. Think social stability. Basically I class religion with things like communism and other political ideologies, they have positive roles to play, but in the end they are only ideas.

Canaan - A Homeworld fanfic

Captain Taco
    Clambakes are great social gatherings, and wonderful places to show off your culinary skills. Stop taking clambakes.

jetfx: protestants vs catholics in northern ireland has been going on for ever, and the current "War on Terror" (TM) is undeniably caused by religion (Islamic extremists blowing themselves up). Just because the crusades are over doesnt mean that religion has stopped causing bloodshed.

Horseshit!

Protestants vs. Catholics, you'll find, is really about invaders vs. natives, although that's many generations back.

Islamic extremists don't blow themselves up because God tells them to. They blow themselves up because they believe God hates their enemies. This is all about power and money.

Hell, even the cruscades were about money (at the highest levels), not that it worked, by and large. Religion is just an excuse.

Economic factors are the root cause (should such a thing even exist in many cases!) of the great, great majority of wars and conflicts in human history.

The place near the thingy with that one guy
    In africa over 3 million people have aids/hiv because the pope tells them not to use condoms,thats just crazy

well obviously god doesnt tell them to blow themselves up...lack of existance rather prevents that kind of intervention. However, the reason they blow themselves up is clearly religious...if they werent religious then they wouldnt believe that they would be rewarded in the afterlife and so they wouldnt blow themselves up.

And religion being used as an excuse for wars was kind of my point - throughout history religion has been used to control and exploit people...and there has been inevitable bloodshed. It isnt just wars and genocides - theres things like the inquisition and which burnings and stifling of scientific advancement wherever it was found to disagree with scripture - just look at Galileo, for example. Noone would suggest that these things were the will of some god or gods (whether he/she/it/they) exist or not...its simply religious leaders attempting to keep their position of power.

[bulletproof]
    Quote Originally Posted by timecube
    A mother and baby are the same age, as
    a 1 day old baby has a 1 day old mother.
    I am not allowed to lecture at the word animal
    academic institutions, for they fear my wisdom
    will expose and indict the pedant hirelings as
    betrayers of dumb-ass students - the dung heads
    who allow their freedom of speech to be
    suppressed without a whimper, unbelieveable.
    Word animals will feel the wrath of Cubic curse.
    I kinda like the sound of this Timecube thing...

30. Child's Play Donor Technical Help Senior Member General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member Forum Subscriber  #30
    It makes the physicist in me want to die.

DougalMcFrugal
    I`m just curious as to how exactly a cubist(cubic?) curse manifests itself?

Siguld_001
    Dougal, I think it would be a huge green cube that lands on you and breaks every none in your body

Religion is'nt the cause of all wars, in fact it is the people on the top rung of the religious hierarchies greed which causes it. For example they say that the Westerners are evil and that you should blow yourselves up to fight them

In africa over 3 million people have aids/hiv because the pope tells them not to use condoms,thats just crazy
    The Pope also tells them not to be promiscuous as well. Catholicism tells you not to use condoms because they block life, but they also tell you not to screw everything that moves. Staying monongomous in marriage (or chaste when unmarried) does a fairly good job of containing AIDS. Also condoms aren't that great at stopping AIDS, either they break or the virus is small enough to find a microscopic hole in the latex. But seriously, would you have sex with someone you knew had AIDS, condom or not?

theres things like the inquisition and which burnings and stifling of scientific advancement wherever it was found to disagree with scripture - just look at Galileo, for example.
    Galileo only felt the wrath of the inquisition because he wrote several treatises attacking the church and religion as opposed to science. He even made fun of his patron the Pope, who afterwards refused to protect him. Besides, Galileo got off pretty easy anyways. After he proved the idea of the heliocentric universe, he was regarded as a hero in Italy, having a Catholic show up those protestants in astronomy. The Catholic church has never claimed that the Bible was a science book, nor does the bible even directly say anything about the workings of the heavens. Also how many other scientists were hounded by the inquisition for an idea that hasn't been disproved? Scientific advancement isn't heresey in the Church's eyes.

"The Pope also tells them not to be promiscuous as well."

Yeah, like hell they're going to listen to that. It's not like they do anywhere else, after all. Sex education that is fundamentally based on a denial of sex doesn't work. This is why Texas has far, far higher levels of teenage pregnancies than the Netherlands does.

Also condoms aren't that great at stopping AIDS, either they break or the virus is small enough to find a microscopic hole in the latex. But seriously, would you have sex with someone you knew had AIDS, condom or not?
    Eh? They're pretty effective to my knowledge. And the point is if you want to have sex with someone you don't know has AIDS or not.

The WHO seems to back me up;

The most convincing data on the effectiveness of condoms in preventing HIV infection has been generated by prospective studies undertaken on serodiscordant couples, when one partner is infected with HIV and the other is not. These studies show that, with consistent condom use, the HIV infection rate among uninfected partners was less than 1 percent per year
    Source

36. Child's Play Donor Technical Help Senior Member General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member Forum Subscriber  #36
    The Catholic church has never claimed that the Bible was a science book, nor does the bible even directly say anything about the workings of the heavens.
    Ah, I supposed that's why they were so quick to admit that they made a mistake with Galileo.
    If I recall correctly, a major beef with the heliocentric universe was that it didn't seem to leave room for God, who (despite being omnipresent as I understand it?) resided in the realm outside the crystal spheres which held the stars.

Galileo attacked the church saying that in his universe there was no room for religion, not that the church inferred from his model that there was no room for God. When Galileo wrote his treatises on how science contradicted religion, then the church jumped on him for heresy. Galileo went looking for trouble, he wasn't the innocent party; of course niether was the church, crushing free speech (although not a concept at the time). Catholic dogma says that God is everywhere at once, so obviously he doesn't reside in those crystal spheres or anywhere else in particular. That heaven and hell were actual physical places were popular ideas stemming from Dante's Divine Comedy, which the author himself said was a total work of fiction.

"The Pope also tells them not to be promiscuous as well."

Yeah, like hell they're going to listen to that.
    Just like so many don't listen to the safe-sex teachings. Catholicism is the religion with the major problems with condoms (and all contraceptives) and as far as I know Texas isn't very Catholic, pointing out that safe-sex is not well taught there, rather than the "malign" influence of the Catholic church. I grew up Catholic (although I'm not now), and I feel I was very well taught about the Catholic views on sex and they are practical. Basically remain chaste until marriage, and then you can have as much sex as you like, as long as it's with your wife. Also don't use contraceptives because life should always be given a chance. However these two views go hand in hand, saying the pope doesn't support contraceptives is quoting him out of context, if you don't consider the church's other views on sex.

Maybe I was wrong on the condom's and AIDS thing. But I've seen tests on condoms that have up to 20% failure rates, but I've also seen surveys claiming abstinence was only 75% effective. Still widespread promiscuity isn't a good thing (from a non-religious perspective) because it spreads disesease easily. Marriage or no marriage, screwing everyone that moves is harmful to your health.

Well, logically, one would imagine that abstinence would have a 100% "effectiveness rate", as long as one discounts needle sharing and contaminated blood transfusions.

Widespread promiscuity may not be a good thing from any number of perspectives, but it is a fact. Those of us who value human life over dogma believe that we should take steps to preserve the former, even if it comes at the expense of the latter. HIV is hardly the only sexually-transmitted disease out there, not to mention the risk of unwanted pregnancies.

Bear in mind that abstinence-only education doesn't just lead to increased pregnancies and disease incidence, it leads to an increased abortion rate.

Also, the US government has not only been pushing abstinence-only in the US, but internationally too. (For example). Not only that, but the vast majority of abstinence-only educational material lies about contraception's effectiveness, often to a startling degree, as cited in Rep. Waxman's report. (This can be found at his site.)

Well, logically, one would imagine that abstinence would have a 100% "effectiveness rate", as long as one discounts needle sharing and contaminated blood transfusions.
    I thought such a figure was weird too, but apparently, they factored in "the heat of the moment", although I'm not sure how that's mathematically quatifiable. This was part of a big pamphlet on contraceptives handed out in my highschool biology class.

That would imply that they didn't abstain, then.

That's what I thought.

43. Child's Play Donor Technical Help Senior Member General Discussions Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member Forum Subscriber  #43
    Galileo attacked the church saying that in his universe there was no room for religion
    From what I remember from history class it was the church who looked at his new picture of the universe and deduced that. Supposedly Galileo answered "In all of us or nowhere" when being asked where there was room for god in his model.

Fang
    Stop blaming, greed, sex, economic factors, religion, insanity, video games, TV, Movies, poor role models, and bad parenting for violence and wars among humans... Its Our own fault... we like to fight/kill stuff, and since there are 6 billion of us around its becoming hard to control ourselves here.. people in general like to fight (no not every little person every little second of the day) but we like to do it otherwise we wouldnt make up so many damn excuses to go out and mix it up with people.. thats what religion is its an excuse.. its just another their different in some way lets get em type excuse.. like skin color.. It is just that religion happens to be really effective since it inspires fanaticism more redily.. You only have yourselves to blame for the fighting...!

Firelance
    I find it rather silly that people STILL hold a grudge over the Galileo incident. The book was removed from the Index of Banned Books, and the Catholic Church admitted its mistakes. Sure, it took years, but it was done. Better late than never.

Remember, Galileo was asking for trouble when he published his works. Just remember, Copernicus ran the same risk, so he published his work on the Heliocentric model from his deathbed. It wasn't put on the Index of Banned Books for a long time afterward.

Stop blaming, greed, sex, economic factors, religion, insanity, video games, TV, Movies, poor role models, and bad parenting for violence and wars among humans... Its Our own fault... we like to fight/kill stuff, and since there are 6 billion of us around its becoming hard to control ourselves here.. people in general like to fight (no not every little person every little second of the day) but we like to do it otherwise we wouldnt make up so many damn excuses to go out and mix it up with people.. thats what religion is its an excuse.. its just another their different in some way lets get em type excuse.. like skin color.. It is just that religion happens to be really effective since it inspires fanaticism more redily.. You only have yourselves to blame for the fighting...!
    I think greed/power is what motivates men more than just the will to fight, though that is certainly there in some degree. It was just mentioned a while ago, religion is used as an excuse more often than not. And as I mentioned a while ago, religion (I believe) isn't a bad thing for society. Most of the bad things to come out of religion, come from people taking it wrongly. On purpose or not.

George Bush (I'm sorry for having to bring polotics into this) is absoloutely against abortion, taking innocent lives is murder and therefor a sin. Yet he has no qaulms about hundreds of thousands of innocents in his invasion/liberation of Iraq. Go figure.

Just to clear up any confusion, I am not a Christian or Catholic. Infact I don't exactly believe in anyt specific religion. But I do believe in certain ideals, such as reincarnation and karma.

47. Child's Play Donor General Discussions Senior Member Tabletop Senior Member Homeworld Senior Member  #47
    How did a thread about a wacky cult get turned into a political debate again?

If you mean my reference, then that's not how it's meant to be taken. I was trying to highlight that the problem is not to much the religion, it's the corrupt people that's the problem.

Godwin's law should apply to Bush.

Fang
    No greed and power is also an excuse... there are peacefull manners to acquiring more power... (really wealth is just a measurment of power nothing more)...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information