Well, technically we have a release (even if technically its only for taking screenshots) so here we go with a post in the completed mods section!
Angels Fall First: Total Conversion
Current Version: 0.40
Standard version: http://www.dendezyn.net/affv4/downlo..._Alphatest.rar
BIGfile version: http://www.dendezyn.net/affv4/downlo..._Alphatest.big
*New For v 0.4;
- 10 AISN craft
- New: (Bast, Chons, Damocles, Iret, Logistics Transport, Qetesh, Rally Satellite, Sobek, Utility Vessel)
- 13 USN craft
- New: (Fox, Griphon, Ranger, Mjolnir, Huginn, Logistics Transport, Rally Satellite, Utility Vessel Aesir)
- New weapon fx (ionarray fx courtesy of Sastrei)
- Bunch of new subsystems
- Cluster/Plasma Warhead torpedos
- Crapload of new stuff to discover for yourself!
This version is meant less as a teaser and more as a test of texture resolution on as many different machines as possible. We want to ensure AFF looks as good as it possibly can on your machine, so we need to see screenshots of our models on as many different rigs as possible! Please, if you download this release, post screenshots of the ships in action.
Some clarifications: The current weapon loadout is not final, nor are the attack styles tweaked, animations finalized. This build is not a representative of the mod's intended gameplay, it is simply a showcase of our visual progress.
Version .4 marks the beginning of gameplay testing in the Alpha of AFF. Both sides have relative parity in terms of build lists, new vessels, weapons, levels, features, and tweaks will be added incrementally.
A new gametype is now available specifically for multiplayer deathmatches online as well as a very limited AI (only attacks, no building). A new map, Epyrus, has also been included but is not fully functional (the central space platform is not scripted or operational).
AFF deathmatches revolve around the capture of key points and objects that yield ru (cp) bonuses over time. At the moment, only relay satellites are available for capture by the player. In roder to do this, you must use the generic utility vessel to capture them. One of these vessels are given to you at the beginning of the level, and are also buldable via the logistics transport.
*Ships are now buildable via the Logistics vessel (fighters) included and the relay satellite (buildable from the logistics vessel).
- 10 AISN craft (Baal, Bast, Chons, Damocles, Iret, Logistics Transport, Qetesh, Rally Satellite, Sobek, Utility Vessel)
- 13 USN craft (Sword, Rapier, Orion, Warhawk, Fox, Griphon, Ranger, Mjolnir, Huginn, Logistics Transport, Rally Satellite, Utility Vessel Aesir)
- ton of "new" weapons (not completely finished/tweaked)
- new weapon fx (ionarray fx courtesy of Sastrei)
- Destroyable subsystems (Allships)
- Working PDS (All Ships)
- Cluster/Plasma Warhead torpedos
- Torpedos are now destroyable
- Added AISN Baal class Hunter-Killer Drone (accessable via Vagyr agressor force)
- Changed weapon fx for Aesir
- Changed stats for all ships (except Aesir)
- Warbird + Orion now a bit slower, slightly more armor.
- Warbird + Orion have wider turning radius
- Added AISN light and mini plasma-lance
- Most of the Aesir's weapon batteries now fire correctly, total functionality: 60%
- Changed Laser CIWS syste, fires through the ship less
- Swapped Warhwk's Plasma Cannon gfx to "Laser" (temporary)
- Switched up the weapons on the Orion a bit,
- Warhawk is now more effective against capital ships
- Orion is now more effective as a screening unit
- Added USN Orion
- Tweaked weapon strength for Warhawk's Beams
- Made turrets more effective
- Added plasma-bomb weapon to Sword's cockpit gun, armament is now complete
- Changed combat profiles for Warhawk and Orion, now they behave a bit better
- Changed CIWS a bit, nothing cosmetic though
- Accuracy and damage values tweaked across the board
AFF Map Pack v 0.1
In order to play the following map[s] you will a valid copy of Homeworld 2 installed, patched up to version 1.1
To install, simply copy the contents of the the rar to your HW2 directory.
If you experience any difficulty with this release, please email the creator (me) at email@example.com.
This Pack contains the following maps;
-Spartha Training Grounds(1v1)
by Alex Drake
Description: Quick 1v1 map with very low resources meant to test a variety of features (including glare, star fields and other fx). You might need some of EJs sfx packs, though I doubt it. This map is best used to test out new AFF ships and is not multiplayer approved or balanced (atleast by me). Starting points are directly facing eachother in a linear path so it should be easy to find the enemy. Lots of room for more complex strategies as well (if you want to test a particular situation).
Discussion Thread: http://www.dendezyn.net/afforum/viewtopic.php?t=465
Some Screen Shots so far:
Post yours here!