Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Angels Fall First: Total Conversion [Latest: Pre-Alpha v0.40]

Angels Fall First: Total Conversion [Latest: Pre-Alpha v0.40]

Well, technically we have a release (even if technically its only for taking screenshots) so here we go with a post in the completed mods section!

Angels Fall First: Total Conversion

Homepage

Current Version: 0.40
    Standard version: http://www.dendezyn.net/affv4/downlo..._Alphatest.rar
    BIGfile version: http://www.dendezyn.net/affv4/downlo..._Alphatest.big

Notes:

*New For v 0.4;
    - 10 AISN craft
    - New: (Bast, Chons, Damocles, Iret, Logistics Transport, Qetesh, Rally Satellite, Sobek, Utility Vessel)
    - 13 USN craft
    - New: (Fox, Griphon, Ranger, Mjolnir, Huginn, Logistics Transport, Rally Satellite, Utility Vessel Aesir)
    - New weapon fx (ionarray fx courtesy of Sastrei)
    - Bunch of new subsystems
    - Cluster/Plasma Warhead torpedos
    - Crapload of new stuff to discover for yourself!

This version is meant less as a teaser and more as a test of texture resolution on as many different machines as possible. We want to ensure AFF looks as good as it possibly can on your machine, so we need to see screenshots of our models on as many different rigs as possible! Please, if you download this release, post screenshots of the ships in action.

Some clarifications: The current weapon loadout is not final, nor are the attack styles tweaked, animations finalized. This build is not a representative of the mod's intended gameplay, it is simply a showcase of our visual progress.

Version .4 marks the beginning of gameplay testing in the Alpha of AFF. Both sides have relative parity in terms of build lists, new vessels, weapons, levels, features, and tweaks will be added incrementally.

A new gametype is now available specifically for multiplayer deathmatches online as well as a very limited AI (only attacks, no building). A new map, Epyrus, has also been included but is not fully functional (the central space platform is not scripted or operational).

AFF deathmatches revolve around the capture of key points and objects that yield ru (cp) bonuses over time. At the moment, only relay satellites are available for capture by the player. In roder to do this, you must use the generic utility vessel to capture them. One of these vessels are given to you at the beginning of the level, and are also buldable via the logistics transport.

*Ships are now buildable via the Logistics vessel (fighters) included and the relay satellite (buildable from the logistics vessel).

Current Features:

- 10 AISN craft (Baal, Bast, Chons, Damocles, Iret, Logistics Transport, Qetesh, Rally Satellite, Sobek, Utility Vessel)
    - 13 USN craft (Sword, Rapier, Orion, Warhawk, Fox, Griphon, Ranger, Mjolnir, Huginn, Logistics Transport, Rally Satellite, Utility Vessel Aesir)
    - ton of "new" weapons (not completely finished/tweaked)
    - new weapon fx (ionarray fx courtesy of Sastrei)
    - Dogfight-AI
    - Destroyable subsystems (Allships)
    - Working PDS (All Ships)
    - Cluster/Plasma Warhead torpedos
    - Torpedos are now destroyable

[Change Log]
    v -.26;
    - Added AISN Baal class Hunter-Killer Drone (accessable via Vagyr agressor force)
    - Changed weapon fx for Aesir
    - Changed stats for all ships (except Aesir)
    - Warbird + Orion now a bit slower, slightly more armor.
    - Warbird + Orion have wider turning radius
    - Added AISN light and mini plasma-lance
    v -.23;
    - Most of the Aesir's weapon batteries now fire correctly, total functionality: 60%
    - Changed Laser CIWS syste, fires through the ship less
    - Swapped Warhwk's Plasma Cannon gfx to "Laser" (temporary)
    - Switched up the weapons on the Orion a bit,
    - Warhawk is now more effective against capital ships
    - Orion is now more effective as a screening unit
    v 0.22;
    - Added USN Orion
    - Tweaked weapon strength for Warhawk's Beams
    - Made turrets more effective
    - Added plasma-bomb weapon to Sword's cockpit gun, armament is now complete
    - Changed combat profiles for Warhawk and Orion, now they behave a bit better
    - Changed CIWS a bit, nothing cosmetic though
    - Accuracy and damage values tweaked across the board

[Old Versions]
    + 0.2;
    http://www.dendezyn.net/affv4/downlo..._Alphatest.rar
    http://www.dendezyn.net/affv4/downlo...hatest_big.rar
    + 0.22;
    + 0.23

*NEW*

AFF Map Pack v 0.1

Description:

In order to play the following map[s] you will a valid copy of Homeworld 2 installed, patched up to version 1.1

To install, simply copy the contents of the the rar to your HW2 directory.

If you experience any difficulty with this release, please email the creator (me) at alex@dendezyn.net.

This Pack contains the following maps;

-Spartha Training Grounds(1v1)
    by Alex Drake

Description: Quick 1v1 map with very low resources meant to test a variety of features (including glare, star fields and other fx). You might need some of EJs sfx packs, though I doubt it. This map is best used to test out new AFF ships and is not multiplayer approved or balanced (atleast by me). Starting points are directly facing eachother in a linear path so it should be easy to find the enemy. Lots of room for more complex strategies as well (if you want to test a particular situation).

Discussion Thread: http://www.dendezyn.net/afforum/viewtopic.php?t=465

Download:http://www.dendezyn.net/affv4/downlo..._Pack_v0.1.rar

Some Screen Shots so far:

http://www.dendezyn.net/affv4/images...04screen28.jpg
    http://www.dendezyn.net/affv4/images...04screen27.jpg
    http://www.dendezyn.net/affv4/images...04screen29.jpg
    http://www.dendezyn.net/affv4/images...04screen24.jpg

Post yours here!
    Last edited by Alex Drake; 22nd Jan 06 at 12:26 PM.
    "The superior man...does not set his mind either for anything, or against anything; what is right he will follow."
    -Confucius, The Confucian Analects

ThorinDP
    Commensing happy dance.

Looks good, will post something more constructive after i've had the chance to play it.

Reality is only a special case of imagination

von-Richtburg
    It's great, simply great, great, Great, GREAT!!!!!!!!

:bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2:

ThorinDP
    It's too bad that the dreadnaught destroys everything at such long range. Its close-in weapons systems are quite the spectacle.

Great. I'm so happy this mod is moving on. Nice work so far.
    Downloading...

EnigmaZ
    i think you need to put an extra / at the end of your link to the homepage those swords sure are awesome :O

*Gasp* Yaaaayyy!!!!!!!!!

*Yoink*

wuyanxu
    wow, this is better than i've expected, please complete it ASAP.
    and nice to see there are still mods active for HW2

Come on guys, screenshots are your friend.

11. Homeworld Senior Member  #11
    What do we put into the shortcut to make it play?

[eidt:] nevermind, I got it to work.

Although I don't think I have any good shots. I'm not a photographer, and with all the action going on I sometimes miss it when ships start firing.
    Last edited by Norsehound; 1st May 05 at 2:21 PM.

bloodangel40k
    i love it!!!!
    this is awesome!

you'll be needing the -overridebigfile command

Well, I could tell you all about how the new ships slaughter all the old stuff [cept the Assault ships, which just confuse me as to their purpose], but seeing as it's a TC and just starting, it doesn't really matter anyway and the point is moot.

Instead I'll say, "DAMN! These are COOL LOOKING SHIPS!". Will they have controllable color schemes or just the same flat gray?

Color scheme control will hopefully come later, right now, we're keeping things USN grey. As for the Assault ship, its being tweaked, suffice it to say, its use will become apparent once the first tier of USN warships is filled out. Right you're looking at the absolute ends of both spectrums.

von-Richtburg
    And...hum...do you know...hum...when you'll have finish this mod? :umm:

Just played it. Damn the Aesir is gorgeous...

I do have screens, but they're all stuck on my other comp. One or two slight criticisms though:

1. When the Vaygr frigates get killed by the Aesir missiles there is no death animation, they just fade. This doesn't manifest itself when they get done by a battlecruiser or any other ships.

2. The Aesir is pretty overpowered in this context. In the final build will it be able to knock out shipyards in 4 volleys like it can now or will it be toned down a wee bit? It also seems to have a peculiar affinity for resource collectors .

Cmd>Metalvenom
    i like the design of this mod,just dont ruin the mod by not balancing it right

1. When the Vaygr frigates get killed by the Aesir missiles there is no death animation, they just fade. This doesn't manifest itself when they get done by a battlecruiser or any other ships.

2. The Aesir is pretty overpowered in this context. In the final build will it be able to knock out shipyards in 4 volleys like it can now or will it be toned down a wee bit? It also seems to have a peculiar affinity for resource collectors
    #1, I can't comment. I've had the frigs blow apart on my pc, so I can't imagine what the problem might be. I'll look into it.

As for #2, the HW2 ships are basically there for target practice, AFF vessels will not have their stats scaled to match against HW2 ships. Frankly, if anything the, Aesir should kill a shipyard in one volley, not 4! I haven't even begun to play with missile payload/explosion fx + damage radii. Suffice it to say, an AFF dreadnought or two would prolly mulch any hiig or vagyr battkegroup in a matter of minutes.

AFF ships will be balanced against other AFF craft, its just that atm there arent too many capitals in-game.

Thought so. I let 2 Aesir's fight it out and they lasted a lot longer than I expected (mainly due to the point defenses swatting the missiles). Also, the frigate bug only seems to occur with Vaygr frigates (Higgy ones go boom fine). Also, when the missiles hit a vaygr frigate they dont detonate either - the missiles disappear and so does the frigate.

Hope you guys will be able to fix the explosions on the Aesir. Atm, they all occur within the ship, which kinda spoils the effect.

Slight aiming problem with the Aesir's Ion Cannons vs Destroyer-sized targets and smaller and the whole thing moves a lot faster than what I'd expect it to. Not sure if that's intended or not, since most of your ships move pretty damned faster than normal MW2 ship counterparts.

All in all, they look pretty. Got new maps in the pipe?

I've got quite a few, don't know how many are good though.

Swordshot1
    Swordshot2
    Aesirshot1 Aesirshot2
    Rapiershot1
    Rapiershot2
    Warhawkshot1
    Warhawkshot2
    The Chaos

Great mod! Everything is polished very well.
    "It is the buisness of the future to be dangerous."

Sure, we'd love to have some new maps (got a concept for one already). However, we'd actually need someone who CAN map to make them a reality. *hint* Inquire witihn...

wuyanxu
    i've played it many times, and found out the strike fighters are for hit-n-run and the interceptors are... well, for intercepting. the corvet like single unit ship is a all purpose anti-strick craft heavy corvet, am i right?

pretty much, new version coming out today, watch out!

Kleiner Traum
    The Warhawk? Hrm, why have I not seen that design before? Come to mention it...the only USN fighter i've really seen was the Rapier.

I must've had my head down too close to the earth to see what was going on in the clouds.

"pretty much, new version coming out today, watch out!"
    What? Where...when...and how? Ye gods, Alex....that's pretty fast.

Legion116
    the first release to the public is finally here. Nice :clap:

more soon grasshoppa....

Are there going to be any AISN ships released or are they not ready yet.

Noticed one more thing when playing it last night about the Aesir. Its very minor, took me a while to notice it: One of the LOD changes isn't very smooth, you can see the mesh getting more blocky as you zoom out, but you have to be looking for it to notice it.

New version online, accessable via first post (fyi; from now on, check the first post for updates).

The 0.22 RAR version link doesn't work. Bigfile does though.

Should work now.

More good stuff. The frigate bug doesn't show up anymore, and the Orion looks sweet. Only problem is that it goes invisible when you zoom out too much :s.

34. Homeworld Senior Member  #34
    I don't say this a lot but this mod is AWESOME!!!1

And it runs smoovely even in big battles (pds lags like hell in big fights)

PS the chin turret on the warhawk is not textured

The Orion mesh I was sent didn't have any LOD meshes, so it's only got one LOD. Just increase the LOD up and down distances to the farthest LOD of the warhawk.
    Requiem War - Modeller

http://www.requiemwar.net

Idea: For ease of use, make PDS style PRU's for the .rar version of the mod
    Easier updates.

37. Homeworld Senior Member  #37
    The missiles from the aesir shouldn't lock on fighters when their primary target is destroyed...It is VERY annoying:they kill a frigate and then chase the bombers that are after the aesir.
    Also if some fighters are in the missiles path, they "forget" about their target and start chasing the fighters :/

Ships are "fading" because they are out of range of normal sensors, and you see them only because of the missiles (it seems they have sensors range). When your missiles hit the target and it dies, the target is left out of sensors range so you don't see the explosions. Keep a scout near the targeted ships and the fading away thing will fade away :P

heh....

Treaos
    i love the Aesir,so many missiles :flamer:

and the pariers look awesome too, a cool function for them would be to kamikazie into a larger ship via puncturing the hull and overloading its reactors

The problem with the torps is one that I've had difficulty solving, the issue is two-fold. One; in order to increase their range, we had to increase their life time, however, when torps hit a target and that target is destroyed, the remaining torps scan for ANY valid craft within a certain radius. This is good for decimaing squadrons capital ships in a single volley, but often fighters or other small craft will be inside of this radiusand get targeted as well. What I think I'll do is either make the torp effect look like the hiig cluster torp, so the smaller submunitions can actually hit fighters, or I'll make torps explode on proximity rather than direct hit and increase the damage radius (something more akin to a nuke).

As fpr kami-fighters, its unfortunately still a coders pipe-dream, HW2 does not support the kamikaze command, even tho there are alot of residual files in the .big that show they attempted to implement it (the Kamikaze attack script, for instance).

BTW, I'm the only one scripting for this project (with help importing from Deathwish and Sumilius), if theres a change you'd like to see implemented and can't wait for me to figure out a solution and release it in the next version, please feel free to edit the files to your heart's content. At the moment I am looking for one other person gto help import and hardpoint these monsters and a couple of people familiar with weapon/fx scripting to help me out (I'm an AI/.ship/attack-script man myself, not much good elsewhere).

Anyway, I'll prolly be releasing a new tweak tonite to make Warbirds and Orion's more effective at what they're supposed to do. FYI; we have alot of capital ships ready to go in-game, just need someone to import them.

Treaos
    sweet,btw i love the way the ion array*the main one* is the length of the ship although wih the size of it i half expecteh it to be a phased cannon array, but its cool eitherway

41. Homeworld Senior Member  #41
    Proxy bombs would do the trick...(nuke'em)

Elmanon
    i just love this mod!

Just played it on Finders Keepers.

Heh, Sajuuk missed the Aesir 3 out of 4 shots while the Dreadie was firing at max missile range. Too bad I wasn't paying attention to the Keepers on the flank....

Hopefully, Sumilius will get back to me regarding the Griphon [corvette] soon, so we can have some smaller caps in-game. Need to get started on the ranger ASAP.

I'm wondering, is there a blue pulsar effect in the stock game? I don't like the fact that the Warbird's cannons are red...

In other news, I'm playing several new weapons atm, so we'll see how things work out.

Yeah. Hiig pulsar for eg.

Updated to 0.23;

@ Inert: Awesome screens! I think you'll be pleased with the changes in 0.23. :skull:

We really need another HODer, the Ranger is ready to start blowing things apart in-game, just need someone to give her the go-ahead push in-game! Also, I'm looking for someone interested in helping me develop the gametype described in AFF's Design document.

wuyanxu
    oh, just downloaded 0.22 and now it's 0.23.....

by design documents, you mean like a guide for people who are new here? i can write guides, but have to be after this month as my exams are creeping very close

RuHeL
    First of all just like to say welldone to the Team behind this mod, wicked stuff I uninstalled hw2 wen i found out the babylon5 project died - big shame. But after browing thur this post and ur official website i found myself installing hw2 back, LOL Welldone guys :smash:

PS. do i need to installed the lastest patch for hw2 to play this test mod? Aslo i have d/l the BIG.file what do i need to type in my hw2 shourtcut to activate it?
    Last edited by RuHeL; 9th May 05 at 6:14 AM.

RuHeL
    Guys need abit of help. D/l the big file and put it in my data folder, on my target line i have -
    "C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -overridebigfile

But still i cn't play this mod, any ideas what iam doing wrong? I also patched the game to v1.1
    Last edited by RuHeL; 9th May 05 at 11:11 AM.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information