Tyranid Trygon from Forgeworld

1. Forum Subscriber  #1

Tyranid Trygon from Forgeworld

Check it out. SIX Scything Talons! And the model looks cool too!

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog...RANIDS_13.html
    Beyond this place of wrath and tears
    Looms but the Horror of the shade,
    And yet the menace of the years
    Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

Seen it. It was at GD UK a month or two ago. Nid mod for DoW is considering using the model as their Trygon.

We're probably not going to follow the experimental rules to the letter, though. For one, it's not possible to really make a unit follow it through deep strike, to my knowledge (unless it's a squad leader, but that's just silly), and two, they left out the classic bio-electric blast. We WILL be keeping that, in some form or another.

old news aint this?

anyway the experimental rules seem fine to me. it wasnt possible to follow units though deep strike, but with these rules you can do no problem.

anyway the unit follows through in the next turn so its quite easy to kill i reckon, the way i see it is that the trygon wont be destoryed if it turns up within 1" of the enemy units, but in theory you could just run a sqaud onto the place it appeared and as the next unit has to come from that place it will be automatically destoryed by being too close to the enemy.

still i know the big problem is the tyrgon its self but killing the next unit through is gonna be useful as well

Oh, that is wicked..Nice model, looks dangerous...
    I deviate from time to time.

Yo-jim-bo
    Looks slick. Rules are nice, but it's horribly overpriced. same as a lot of forgeworld stuff unfortunatly.

7. Modding Senior Member Dawn of War Senior Member  #7
    I'm getting it for x-mas, in fact i've started a whole nid army to go with the bugger!
    Thats the sexyest tyranid I have ever seen, got to love raveners too
    Thing is, i've thrown around a few army list ideas, and 355 pts is alot, I have very few gaunts in them so far...

The sexiest nid has to be the hierophant bio titan. I'd probably take a few boxes of squads for enough corpses to fill the base with underneath. You no, I still haven't seen a finished hierophant bio titan standing on a mound of corpses.

The Hierophant isn't actually that impressive. It is a good model with great details etc. but it isn't that big really. My favorite would be the Harriden. It just looks so sleek!

Anyways...My friend pre-ordered three of the Trygon buggers. Can't wait to see what he does with them...

Personally, I don't like it that much. It's not bad, but not in my opinion could have been more than a giant ravenor (I know there are a lot of differences...A LOT, but it could just be me...)
    500 Days...

lol i see your point there when i first saw it a while back i thought it was just a 5 up version (they use them for moddelling) of the ravener

In a corner listening to (insert favorite band)
    i think the HIERODULE is too cool for school. something about it intrigues me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante
    The Hierophant isn't actually that impressive. It is a good model with great details etc. but it isn't that big really. My favorite would be the Harriden. It just looks so sleek!

Anyways...My friend pre-ordered three of the Trygon buggers. Can't wait to see what he does with them...

Personally, I don't like it that much. It's not bad, but not in my opinion could have been more than a giant ravenor (I know there are a lot of differences...A LOT, but it could just be me...)
    Three of them? I'd love to see the game where you can field all of those at once... As soon as he gets them and assembles them, strong-arm him into posting pics, kay?

Ok.

I always let him use his nid creatures against me (we adjust...if I don't have enough points we make up some rules in my favor). Those games are always fun (and long!). He has everything tyrinid from FW except the spore launcher things (yeah he has both of the FW Tyrants). I'll def. get him to post pics up of everything. He is kind of crazy, says that he can't show any of his stuff untill the army is completed...he now has everything in the codex to the max amount and sometimes even more (currently has 17 carnifexes...), but needs to start painting!

Also blood thirster which "HIERODULE" do you mean? The scythed and barbed have some very different features other than their weapons yaknow. My favorite between the two, and second favorite Nid creature would be the Scythed.

well, at least it's cuddly :hat:

if i had the money to get that, i would just because its a giant killer alien
    A.K.A. WNxStarbuck

Thread Information