DOWpro version 1.51 is released. You can download at the following locations.
Two download locations. :report:
I'll post a complete changelog later. I gotta play now. In short...
(1) Major Eldar rework. Their army is now half the size, twice the deadliness.
(2) A few minor touches to other races.
(3) New menu? I don't know if Excedrin had time to include this.
(4) Randomized Chaos SM and SM helmets, courtesy of Closer To Codex Mod team.
And Korbah is coming back home. So IG will come to us soon!
DOWpro 1.50 Info
This mirror will be updated soon (if it's a 404, try one of the other links):
I'm not sure if you have to first delete your DOWpro 1.49.1 folder and module file from your DOW directory. I did it myself, just to be safe.
Go here to see version 1.50 changelog (not cumulative; is based on 1.49.1):
This is an update of Korbah's DOWpro WA version 1.48. All known 1.48 bugs have been fixed, Skirmish AI has been updated by Larkin VB the AI maestro, and French translations have been added by Terranguy/DenizAsker the French guy.
This patch has been guided by the auspicious powerfist of Korbah. All gameplay changes have been approved (for the time being).
All 4 Original Races
1. Miscellaneous help text updates all over the place, as suggested by Terranguy.
2. French language help text supported, courtesy of Terranguy. German and Spanish is being worked on.
3. All sync kills should now work.
4. Squad leaders can now be added while moving, for miscellaneous bugged squads.
5. Various units' new abilities should no longer turn into purple squares when stunned by Ass Termies.
6. You can now build anything you want near crits and near enemy bases, but stuff you build won't be able to shoot. Now workers won't spaz out while trying to build thermo gens on Fallen City.
7. Skirmish AI updated by Larkin VB to be compatible with DOWpro gameplay.
No, IG has not been touched. That will be version 2.00.
1. Eldar LP3 weapon fixed.
2. Entangle FX fixed.
3. Falcon webway requirement text is included.
4. Eldar grenade range increased from 16 to 20. This is still shorter than the grenade range of all other races.
5. Support Portal icons cleaned up.
6. Wraithtomb-replace-Bonesong bug fixed.
7. Eldar vehicle aspect stones now need to be researched only once, rather than once for every new Support Portal.
1. Chaos Taint stack-heal bug removed (this was worse than DOW apoths).
2. Berzerkers now reinforce on the field at 5 reqs cheaper (55 req 5 pow).
3. The 2nd health upgrade increases Zerks' morale regen rate by 50%.
4. Chaos Sorcerer Doombolt animation fixed.
5. Horrors use CSM voice when re-entering the Sac Circle. This bug is in WA as well, so is not our fault.
6. Raptors are max 8 per squad until Chaos HQ is upgraded.
1. BM + TB squad is not supposed to be able to teleport. This is not a bug.
2. The Looted Leman Russ's 3 tank bolters have +0.1 increased accuracy (from 0.4 to 0.5). Spam FTW before Korbah nerfs Orkz in 1.50!!!
1. Skull probe bug fixed. Sabotage now works.
2. SM Barracks Deepstrike is completely removed. You can only DS from Orbital Relay.
3. SM Sarges and Ass Sarges have the glowy skull shoulderpads with health upgrades.
Patch 1.49.1 changelog:
1. Corrects a new bug in critical location no-build radius.
2. Cleans up some help text.
3. Fixes a minor FX bug for Conceal. Yes, it's fixed. Yes, even if you don't have Conceal researched, Warlock LOOKS like he has it. This is a vanilla bug, not ours.
4. Now Fire Dragons and Avatar can be built.
5. Now there's consistent grid hotkeys for (almost) everything in dowpro.
Where to find online multiplayer DOWpro games:
1. mIRC -> quakenet -> #dowpro -> Say hi.
2. DOWpro ladder on gamedrome, www.gamedrome.com