Page 1 of 143 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

New: Dawn of War Expanded 4.5

Riker2800

New: Dawn of War Expanded 4.5

Here I present you DowXP for Dark Crusade.

There are many features added or modified in DowXP. The goal of DowXP is better play balance and closer to codex representation in the game.

* Resized units to make them look more realistic.

* Since infantry are smaller, they also move slower, so the use of transport is a good option.
    * More camera control: see the battle from farther or closer.
    Big thanks to Alex Gnome.
    * DoW Skirmish AI mod is included and adapted to all new units, a big thanks to the AI team.
    * DoW Closer to Codex Mod from Medes units are included as they are released.
    - Such as : Codex Space Marine Land Raider, Space Marine Veterans, Space Marine Devastators, Chaos Havocs, Codex Defiler, Codex Chaos Predator, Demolisher Leman Russ, Executionner Lemanen Russ, Eldar Dire Avenger, Eldar Storm Guardian and many more.

* Original new units and upgrades:
    - Examples: Razorback, Melta Gun upgrade for Marines and Kasrkin, Imperial Guard Karskin Flamers, Autocannon and Heavy Flamer for Sentinel, Deep strikeable Karskin, jumping Tau vehicles, Rail Rifle upgrade for Pathfinders and more.

* Multiple play balance changes:
    - Unit soft caps to stop spamming.
    - Uniformisation of weapons within each races (plasma are similar for most space marines, etc).
    - Much more diversity on many units.

Download links and installation of DowXP 4.5 Full

http://files.filefront.com/DowXPrar/.../fileinfo.html

- Before installing DowXP 4.5, make sure you patched Dark Crusade to version 1.2.

- Then, simply extract the DowXP.rar file and double clik on the DowXP4.5.exe file. Nothing more to do. Simply load the mod and you're set.

Changelog since DC 1.2

Changelog

The DowXP team is:

Riker2800 - the mastermind behind the mod.
    KirenKane - gaming partner and beta tester.
    Pixxee - FX editor and scripter.
    Tovarich - sounds editor.
    ArkahnTheBlack - AI scripter.
    Vol907 - skins builder and beta tester.
    Vaaish - DowXP Wiki editor and beta tester.
    Warlock - Beta tester and coder.
    Ira Aduro - Beta tester.
    Kuaera - Beta tester.
    Anathema - Beta tester.
    501stAirBorne - Beta tester.
    And many others contributors...

Credits:

- A big thanks from the Dawn of Warhammer 40K:Firestorm mod team, for their really nice models and sound FX.
    - Also, this Mod is a lot better with the great work from the Skirmish AI mod team. http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=82381
    - Thanks to Mankyle, for helping me with the new stealth code.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Playing DowXP online

DowXP Wiki

http://www.digitalequinox.com/dowxp/..._Expanded_News
    Last edited by Riker2800; 20th Dec 07 at 7:56 PM. Reason: New version released....

Land Raider Nerfed how? Why no Drop Pods? (When I am done testing I will have the full list of questions for you)

Aralez
    Interesting mod, will test after this post. You should contact the Skirmish AI mod team, they can surely help you with the AI.

Riker2800
    Hope to see your feedbacks!

I've just sent a request for help to the Skirmish AI mod team, hope they'll help me!!!

Aralez
    Tested Chaos against IG, not bad, really. As you said the AI is useless, but i'm really looking forward to the next release. I really liked the prolonged game and all the upgrades.

However, the fact that you can build all squads in the barracks makes the cultists (almost) useless. In my game i went directly for CSM.

darkaVenger
    lol the baneblade got buffed? anyone used it?

I used the Baneblade, but more for its Lascannons than anything else. It's main gun, while it sounds and looks cool as it's firing, just doesn't seem to do a whole lot of damage as it should be.

Riker2800
    I'm reworking all weapons for each races, with some new stuffs, expect a new release in about 2 or 3 days.

For the Baneblade, I'm toning done its lasers a bit, while the two main cannons will get another boost.

Also, I've done some tweaks to the AI, now the AI do all new researches.

Aralez
    Cool! Can't wait to download!

Riker2800
    New version available! See first post.

Aralez
    Hm, morale on that chaos units..... I'm not sure i like that. They are unbreakable in the "fluff". And why are the Dreadnoughts not deepstrikable? What else is the Orbital relay for, iirc there is only one research left there then? And the Sentinel Laser only after the Mars Pattern? The Sentinel is useless at that stage. Once the LR and Baneblade are available, noone will field a "puny" Sentinel anymore.

All other changes are good and some even make me really curious to play that mod because of them. But the above changes...hhmmmm, maybe you could post a poll?

Riker2800
    But Chaos units got good morale, Berserker get 600 points of morale, with good regenaration and armor morale, while Possessed got morale as Terminator and Obliterator even higher.

I think I'll get the Dreadnought being able to drop again.

As for the Sentinel, don't forget it got this new ECM ability, which reduce all incoming fire damage to nearby friendly units, so, this make the Sentinel a good support unit for others.

Also, it's laser cannon do higher damage, and got a range from 35 to 50!!

By the way, the next version of the Mod will come with an updated version of the Skirmish AI Mod, I'm almost finish with the scipting. I'll ask the AI Mod team their permission to merge their mod into mine...

The 22nd Hyperspace Core Corsix's Avatar
    I'll ask the AI Mod team their permission to merge their mod into mine...
    The only mod that I'm aware of that "shares" our code is DoWPro and thats only because Larkin actively codes for both teams.

Just had a couple of skirmishes using eldar, like the pace of the game and that you've buffed turrets and mines.

The squad capping is also a great idea to stop spamming, nice work!

Aralez
    Ah, ok, i didn't see that other changes to the Sentinel, those justifies the late lasgun.
    And seraph is right with what he says, nice work there.

So, what do others think about the Chaos morale changes? I still "feel" they should be unbrakable as in the fluff, but i can see why you changed them...

Riker2800
    I want Termie Heavy Flamer to be usefull against them!!!

By the way, all races flamers are more effective...

Off-ShoRe
    Ripper gun have knock back effect.
    im wondering how u balanced this; i mean there's usually alot of ogryns aka a lot of ripper guns on the field?

Riker2800
    Max of 3 Ogryn squad...

Can anyone help me?

I DL-ed this mod and when I copied the files into the correct folder it asked me to overwrite a pipeline file. I had other mods, too and one of them with a pipeline file, so I didn't wrote it over.

Then I tried it. Great mod, although the game crashed at some point.

What should I do? Rename your file will work?

Thanks in advance, D-coy
    GFWL gamertag/ LoL name: ReadInPeace

Just call me Readin'

the pipeline.ini file has a section for WH40K, a section for WXP, and sections for each mod. I'm guessing that if you copied and pasted the section for this mod into your pipeline file, then kept the one you have, it should work.

KKTHX gonna try it.

Cheers, D-coy

Aralez
    The pipeline.ini file is not needed, it's only needed for the mod-maker-tools to know where to save files. Riker2800 simply included it by accident, i guess.

Oh I've put it in here with a different name, but thx anyway.

Cheers, D-coy

Riker2800
    Indeed, this pipeline.ini file shouldn't be in the DowXP archive, I'll remove it...

Done.

Riker2800
    Version 1.5 available, go to fist post.

Mr. Relic
    Some people may say that putting limits on units is an artificial way of keeping balance, but in DoW, it just keeps things fluffy, so I like it.

Some constructive remarks, perhaps?
    The IG Assassin's nametag (the mouseover text) has gone missing.
    The Baneblade is now very powerful (please keep it that way :nod, maybe the build time and cost need to be increased (700 req and power)?
    Dropping Dreads would indeed be nice.
    Are Chaos Projectiles unfluffy? Because I actually liked those. They brought some SM/CSM variety.

I only played CSM and IG 'till now. Time to start testing the other races. Keep up the good work!

Riker2800
    Thanks for the feedbacks, some new changes gonna make it into next version, I'm learning to work into the Object Editor...

Mr. Relic
    I'm guessing the long build time for the Mars Pattern building is to compensate for not having to research a T4 upgrade. Instead IG now have a Basilisk upgrade (longer range and better damage), but it doesn't work properly: the range radius (red circle around the unit) increases as you upgrade, but the artillery piece doesn't fire as far as the circle indicates; it retains its usual range.

Riker2800
    Ok I'll look into that.

Klaus88
    It mentions the Bezerkers get voices for breaking morale and recovering.

What do they say??

Mr. Relic
    Riker2800, did you use the official modtools for your mod (which version? Probably 1.41?)?

"So much blood! Too much for us to drink". This is the only one i remember.

Riker2800
    Yes I used relic modtool 1.41.

For Khorne Berserker, Baneboss got the right speech, also they say: "Oh no, it cannot be!"

But I don't remember what they say when they regain lost morale.

kaladost
    I would really like to try this, but can you explain me how I can install that?

You say delete first DowXP folder but i didnt find it...is it the WXP folder? thats like a 900+ Mo folder..

Or do i just have to DL the mod and simply unzip it in my dawn of war folder?

Thank you!

caster316
    You delete the DowXP folder only if you have that folder & you only have that folder if you installed a old version of this mod.

You most defiantly don't want to delete the WXP folder it's your Winter Assault expansion folder.

Riker2800
    That's right.

kaladost
    Ok thanks

humm...

I extracted the file in my dawn of war folder, but it doesnt seem to change anything when i play... is there something i did wrong? Any tips?

Thanks

Aralez
    You have to copy the *.module file AND the folder in the Dawn of War folder. Then you have to activate the mod in the game manager.

kaladost
    ok cool! finally got it to work.

I tried IG and Orks, very nice!

One thing tho that bugged me a lot...IG has only one builder (a squads of 3 techpriest max) and Orks had at least (i didnt buy them all) 3 builders...Isnt that a really HUGE advantage to orks players? I mean, thay can cap, build generator or repair whatever at the same time, while it takes me (with IG) all my might to be able to cap, build my tactica, cap, build command, cap, generator, all this one after another...

Riker2800
    But you built faster one building at a time, also, IG get the strongest buildings of all the others races, so you can defend your base easier.

Also, Techpriest make for nice fighters.

kaladost
    yeah, thats ok..i thought it was kinda of a big disavantage, but ill live with it :P

And also, wow, that baneblade is a power house loll Now he's living up to his name :P

Im having fun dude, i really do

bodkin
    Just a comment on this mod, I love it except that the AI seems a bit retarded compared to the standard WA skirmish
    AI mod v1.6. Even on harder levels the AI is not very aggressive and tends to turtle until you attack it then
    if it wins the battle it may only then attack your base.

Is this just me or has anyone else noticed this?

Riker2800
    Against which race have you played?

I noticed that sometime versus Chaos... I must find why, since I didn't changed to much things from the original Skirmish AI mod...

bodkin
    Thanks for the reply Riker2800,

Yeah I've noticed that Chaos seem to be the least aggressive,
    in terms of expanding their territory and tend run away when fired at rather than wanting to fight.

Orks tend to turtle more, they will expand up to a certain
    point then just hang back and build up a massive army.
    But they won't use it until I attack them.

On another note what files are need to get Chaos SM with their original DoW weapon slots. I want to put them into
    a small mod of my own but not quite sure which files I need
    to include to get the old DoW Chaos marines back.

Riker2800
    Version 1.8 released, go to first post.

A dragon's tooth in a mortal's hand, I kill, I maim, I rule the land!
    This is the first I've seen this thread and just one thing I want to comment on,

Bezerkers now have morale.
    I liked them better when they were fearless as it truley represented Khorne Bezerkers both in fluff and in the codex.

Riker2800
    But I really love to hear them loose morale!

'To much blood to drink, it cannot be!"

Maybe I'll increase their morale even more...

Meneldil
    Great mod, although the AI isn't really agressive. It just stockpiles units in his base and wait for the player to attack.

Riker2800
    Weird, played some game lately, and it kicked my ass, at wich difficulty level did you play?

Meneldil
    Hard. I usually get my ass kicked quite badly at this level, but in my last games with DowXP, I won pretty easily. Maybe I just got better lately :heyhey:

Page 1 of 143 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information