Last hope: Homeworld - B5 Mod

Azodiak

Last hope: Homeworld - B5 Mod

Hi folks,

Maybe someone of you know how to run the Mod GW3: EA Civil War for Homeworld of the b5mods site, because the forum of that site is down. I installed the game completely new and updated it like mentioned and copyed the files into the Homeworld folder. But as I started the game and wanted to launch a new game, it kicked me back to windows (XP, my PC). I tried it on the PC of my dad (WIN 98) and it hang up and kicked back to windows just after playing the intro...

Maybe some of you can help me, you are my last hope!

2. Child's Play Donor  #2
    Guilty. Of being in space! Captain Pierce's Avatar
    I'm from Iowa--I only work in outer space
    1. Wrong forum.

2. Make a shortcut to Homeworld on your desktop (if you haven't already.) Right-click the shortcut, select Properties, and in the Target box, add a space and then -debugtofile at the end of the existing target (C:\Sierra\Homeworld, or wherever you installed it). Run the game again, and then look for a file called debugmessages.txt in your Homeworld directory. Open it, and take a look down at the very bottom of the file. Hopefully, what caused the game to crash will be there.

3. If you feel the need to post this, please don't post more than the last five or ten lines.

Azodiak
    OH, it seems like there is something missing... but why the hell they made that version as an playable version or is there just a link missing in the config of the game?

Warning: Could not find gun in mex at 4623cc0
    Warning: Could not find gun in mex at 4623cc0
    Warning: Could not find salvage point in mex at 429ef40
    Warning: Could not find salvage point in mex at 429ef40
    WARNING: Could not locate mex Resources\DustClouds\dustcloud0\Rl0\LOD0\dustcloud0.mex
    WARNING: Could not locate mex Resources\DustClouds\dustcloud1\Rl0\LOD0\dustcloud1.mex
    WARNING: Could not locate mex Resources\DustClouds\dustcloud2\Rl0\LOD0\dustcloud2.mex
    WARNING: Could not locate mex Resources\DustClouds\dustcloud3\Rl0\LOD0\dustcloud3.mex
    WARNING: Could not locate mex Resources\Nebulae\nebula0\Rl0\LOD0\nebula0.mex
    Warning: Could not find Missile for P2
    Warning: Could not find Missile for P3
    Warning: Could not find Missile for Traders
    Warning: no mothership assigned, trying to find one:
    Warning: no mothership found for this player

4. Child's Play Donor  #4
    Sounds like either a corrupted download or an error in unzipping or installation... can't say that I've ever seen that error before... even if there was a problem with the GW mothership, you'd think it would just find the standard...

Azodiak
    Dont think it is a corrupt download... I have downloaded the data just a few weeks after its release and the same failur appears... but I thought they would patch it. Now, the site seems to be no longer supported and I fear a patch is not in sight.

That is very depressive -_-

Is there someone out there, who can say that this mod is working on his computer?
    Last edited by Azodiak; 2nd Jan 06 at 5:41 AM.

6. Child's Play Donor  #6
    I haven't had it installed for quite some time, but I do know I've installed it successfully before.

Thread Information