Reasonable depiction of brutality?

deadlybydesign

Reasonable depiction of brutality?

Hey all, have been a bit of a lurker here for a while and have only managed to reg now so this be my first post. I have been waiting for a good rts to challenge Rome total war for a while (brilliant game). One thing that urked me was the lack of blood in it, or some indication that people were struggling to stay alive. What i wan to know (apologies if it has been asked) is if there will be a reasonable depiction of brutal warfare, in regards to blood etc? Im not talking about DoW style here as I do not feel that would suit the subject matter, just a visual depiction of brutal warfare would be reasonable.

Oh and hello all by the way!

If you think a 2 meter sized humanoid body can hold 15 liters of blood you could call it reasonable.

Daton

Twitch2396
    In the preview there was blood, so there will most likely be blood.

Were talking bullets here, mainly, so we don't need to be sloshing around streams of it everywhere, but on the other hand not having any wouldn't fit the theme of the game. I'm playing a game right now with no blood and well, and after DoW, I just role up my eyeballs as I see the little sterile armies going at it. It's like their playing sports or play battles with nerf sticks or something.
    The Mysterious Origin of the Ork
    Fanboy Fiction by MeatPacker

Shinryuu
    Many WW2 mods play down the horrific nature of the conflict. While I don't expect the agonized screams of the dying, I do hope that Relic will make the battle realistic enough to convey the fact that the soldiers under your control are blood and bone.

Primary offender btw of 'nerf gun warfare' was 'Full Spectrum Warrior'. Seriously, the American Army propoganda interfered with the game something fierce. Shot soldiers slumped elegantly to the ground to be carried to the med stations, after which they would get up again. BEING SHOT HURTS, PEOPLE. IT HURTS REEEEAL BAD!

There's bloodstains on vehicles that are supposed to be carried over between missions.

Daton

Twitch2396
    Why wouldn't they be cleaned off after the mission?

Do you really think they have time to wash and polish the tanks when advancing onto and behind enemy lines?

Daton

Twitch2396
    All they would have to do is wipe some(or all) of it off, if it was my tank i probably would.

The thought of a army coming to a full stop so they could wash there tanks scares me.

11. General Discussions Senior Member  #11
    terrible, terrible damage Starfisher's Avatar
    Tanks come to a stop all the time. That usually coincides with them needing to refuel, or the infantry they're paired with needing to sleep and eat. All it takes is a wet rag and you can mop some of the stinking gore off your tank - I'm sure it'd be nice to stop attracting flies.

There's nothing wrong with it carrying over, though. If they really wanted to waste time on an immersion feature, it should slowly fade off with the passage of time.

What if there Blitzkrieging? No excuse to stop there (just pull a fuel truck along side)

there won't be. This is set after Germany had blitzkrieged europe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuma
    They had 60 million years to kill the Necrons while they slept but they were so busy having drunken sex they created the god of depravity.

Twitch2396
    Sleep is still a factor though, in Iraq2 the US only lost 1 abrams and that was because the driver was so tired that he fell asleep and drove off a bridge.

Also it would take five minutes or less to clean off the blood and i would, it probably wouldnt be much of a moral booster for the troops around the tank either, with the smell and all.

It could be said that the Allies blitzed europe too.
    Last edited by Twitch2396; 19th Apr 06 at 3:13 PM.

15. General Discussions Senior Member  #15
    What if there Blitzkrieging? No excuse to stop there (just pull a fuel truck along side)
    I'll just assume you're joking and leave it at that

Ok, I'll shut up.

Aces_High
    I seriously doubt tankers would bother to clean blood off their tank when it is probably mixed up with layers of caked mud, dirt, and months of whatever abuse the enemy could dish out at it. Indeed I would be amazed if you could see any blood at all after a battle; as it was pointed out earlier, it's not like there are liters of blood spraying everywhere.

And I would think a wet rag would be totally inadequate when you are trying to clean a multiton warmachine that routinely goes off road... That seems a bit like trying to sweep a dirt road clean XD.

Shinryuu
    Tanks moved alongside infantry divisions, and stopped for maintenance when they set up camp. Any why the hell would a tank get blood on it anyway??? I suppose it could get blood on the tracks driving over corpses, but that would just come off as a matter of course.

Phemur
    If there was any visible blood on the outside of tanks, you can bet that they would clean it off. WWII tankers were notoriously superstitious, and blood was a sign of bad luck, so they took it off first chance they got. Not only did they clean the tanks, they often repainted them to give them the appearance of cleanliness.

And armored units did stop. A lot. Even German "Blitzkrieging" ones. Tanks at that time required a lot of maintenance, and not just for repairing battle damage.

Death Traps is an excellent, excellent book on life in an WWII american armored unit, told by a member of the maintenance crews.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/089...Fencoding=UTF8

Phemur

What I'm really waiting is not blitzkriegifiying but burninating...
    Imagine you noticed some termites over at your neighbors house, and instead of warning him about it, you just burn down his house because of the slight possibility that those termites might someday move over to your home. That's the Eldar for you. -Aquila
    "The Dragon Terror Patrol Will Prevail"

Twitch2396
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinryuu
    Tanks moved alongside infantry divisions, and stopped for maintenance when they set up camp. Any why the hell would a tank get blood on it anyway??? I suppose it could get blood on the tracks driving over corpses, but that would just come off as a matter of course.
    If a guy got shot while standing next to the tank, blood would probably get on the tank

I demand infantry explode like fleshy water balloons filled with enough blood to paint a house. Give them different colours of blood, too. Red gets boring after a while. Let's see some blue, green, and neon pink!

Yeah, Deadly, they're probably going to have "Reasonable depiction of brutality" seeing as one of the currently promoted features involves soldiers being shot in the leg screaming while they're dragged back into cover for a medic to help them. It'd be kinda silly if you had guys screaming and writhing in the field without them ever actually bleeding.

I'm a Deviant?

Huh, I can see the tank cleanliness thing going either way. Between servicings, yeah, I imagine it would be cleaned, but between battles... where are you going to find a hose?

Lochar
    The latest PC gamer blurp was saying how he was in a building with his troops and after a tank blast the torso went one way and the legs another, I think thats a reasonable depiction of someone dead..

immortal44
    Brutality, not much blood on tanks but plenty of soldiers were blown apart.

26. General Discussions Senior Member  #26
    I'm sure everyone's bloodlust will be satisfied.

FOR KHRONE! oh wait wrong game On the gameplay trailer when the troops get shot by the German machine gun there is a bit of blood but I don't think it is going to be up to lone wolfs standards. too much blood makes it too hard to see. Also imagine an entire battlefield covered in blood and dead bodies

immortal44
    Also imagine an entire battlefield covered in blood and dead bodies
    Or you could just look at photos of WW1 battlefields. I really doubt they will go that far with charred bodies, severed limbs, bloated corpses, torsos ripped apart, rotting flesh etc all covering the battlefield. I think it is fine if they just stick to the level of gore in the pics that have been released.

But I wanna paint the towns in CoH fun colours. Like an uber paintball session where the paintballs scream.

Soylent Paintball: By People, For People, Of People.

Seriously. Let's make it a mod. Or some side-option that is entirely unnecessary in normal gameplay. It would be awesome. Just make an option for excessive gore and an option for random-coloured blood.

Zilor
    Ever played Nanobreaker? If there is ever such a mod, it must be modeled after that game, which was terrible, but it had gallons of blood, in fact they even has a running tally of how many gallons you had spilled and painted the world with...

Nanobreaker Blood

Unfortunately I couldn't find a picture filled with all the rainbow colored splatter.

xtc-alec
    Just aslong as they put the natural amount of blood to whatever wound the soldier gets. hmmmm?

Gahahahaha. That is so awesome, Zilor.

Yes, I think we need a blood option not unlike that for Company of Heroes. That way you'll know you're walking into a trap when the blood pools around your waist.

The PC Gamer Preview said, and I quote;

..the rifle man landed about 30 feet from his legs...
    Gory enough for ya?

O i hope they include soldiers with guts spilled out after an artilliary blast. And hot pink blood sounds fun. Those french need to lighten up and see the purtiness of war.

Im not a gory omgz look at the blood and guts kind of guy but id like to see realism and what actaully happens when someone gets shot in a game.

If they have saving private ryan amounts of blood ill definately be happy. Like when the guys guts are coming and he's yelling for his mom. Or when Cpt. Miller is dragging some one and then they completely exploded and there was only his head and the top part of his chest were left. Or when the radio man was there and he turned around when tom sizemore got there and then his face is... disinigrated. I think that would appropiate :madashel: :madashel: :madashel:
    The Force Commander and I even visit the same barber, although I have a slightly better taste. Hair gel on calderas, how'd he swing that?

Out of context American Psycho quotes- American Psycho
    Dow 2 - Judgem3nt Day 7
    In CoH- 2246

I also rember PC Gammer commenting about a rifle man with his leg blown of rolling around in a ever growing pool of his own blood.

Mogolov
    AWSUM!!

I love the 'disarmed' running around like a headless chicken look.

OT: i played Vietcong purple haze for the first time in ages, forgot you could shoot chunks out of peoples heads and stuff, was slightly amusing fun executing corpses.

But then the wife kept on giving me evil looks haha.

Thread Information