Page 1 of 42 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Announcing the release of BSG Fleet Commander version v.0.6.1

Announcing the release of BSG Fleet Commander version v.0.6.1

The Battlestar Galactica Fleet Commander team is proud to announce:
    Version 0.6.1

Windows Downloads:
    Windows HTTP Downloads - http://sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=162250

OS X Downloads:
    OS X HTTP Downloads - http://sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=162250

Videos - http://youtube.com/user/hw2bsg

Installation - http://www.hw2bsg.org/wiki/index.php...alling_The_Mod

Release Stability Poll - http://www.hw2bsg.org/pB/showthread.php?t=2484

Release Feedback Poll - http://www.hw2bsg.org/pB/showthread.php?t=2485

Official Announcement - http://www.hw2bsg.org/pB/showthread....9317#post19317

NOTICE: This fan based modification is in no way affiliated with Sci-Fi, NBC, Universal Studios, Relic, Sierra, Aspyr, their parent companies or affiliates. All trademarks, logos, sounds, and video are property of their respective owners.
    Last edited by yafn; 31st Dec 11 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Announcing the release of BSG Fleet Commander version v.0.6.1

Vengence
    Hasn't anyone even considered a BSG mod as an ADD-ON!!! There is no need for a TC, really guys all we need are a few viper varients based on mark numbers 1-7, the Battle Star, a base star, and some raiders. I can't speak for everyone but I don't care if I see a Vaygr Battlecruiser shooting at vipers, all I want is some bsg ships. ahem, so even if there aren't enough ships, an add on mod is still acceptable.

Shooter
    a BSG mod would really be best as more of a single-player mod...

playing through the story-line... perhaps as a single *HUGE* scripted map - one level... one season

Vengence
    My head spins at how much work should be done to do that.

I think a BSG TC would be the rox0r, but right now I'm just looking for a few ships I can play with.

Vengence
    So do I.

Here are a couple shots of my Work-In-Progress on converting the old Homeworld cylon raider to HW2. Not sure where the second engine trail went to... my gf is working on converting the MkII viper hopefully I will have some shots of that soon.

images

Last edited by yafn; 26th Feb 06 at 1:06 PM. Reason: put images in spoiler

sanityflare
    Well I got a version of The Gallitica problem being it is 500,000 polys lol. Reduced that to around 20k but still need to reduce her another 10 k for the hw2 engine.

The "old" Galactica from the first Homeworld BSG mod (available from http://the13thcolony.blogspot.com/ ) has only 3.5k. I assume your Galacitica is the "new" version?

sanityflare
    Yeah got hold of the mini series version, the autor gave me it

Way way way to many polys on the beast though but yeah it looks stunning. Ill post a screenie one i get b5 done.

Heres the mesh

Pretty cool huh
    Last edited by ceejayoz; 23rd Jul 05 at 5:32 AM.

Vengence
    Personally, I prefer the new series stuff. The new series would also be easier to code considering that they all use Mass Drivers and missiles.

These are times I wish I was able to hod easily. A great modeler's creations being put to waist until Delphy's wonder tool comes out. And snake, still having problems but don't worry about it. And... :jaw:

@SnakeChiken - Ya! Wow! That is sooo swt!

@Venfence - I prefer the new series as well, they have reused a few of the old series ships (other than the MkII If you're looking for someone to hod BSG stuff for ya, I might be able to give you a hand. I'm using Maya 4 with plugins that I upgraded myself, it has been working fine for me so far...

sanityflare
    Personally, I prefer the new series stuff. The new series would also be easier to code considering that they all use Mass Drivers and missiles.

These are times I wish I was able to hod easily. A great modeler's creations being put to waist until Delphy's wonder tool comes out. And snake, still having problems but don't worry about it. And..
    Get me on msn when i get back on. Ill walk you threw it from step to step. I take it you followed EJ`s tutorials and all and are able to load the relic tools sample ships?

Cheech Marin
    If you guys plan on making an SP campaign for this mod, I'm sure you won't run into any copyright problems with the TV show, just from the fact that there was a grand total of 1 or 2 space battles in the entire first season of the new show. I'm also quite certain you'll be able to get better acting! (As you can probably tell by now, I'm not too fond of the new BSG show.)

sanityflare
    well new series starts 8pm today

Vengence
    New series starts in 2 days at 10:00 pm :weep: I've been waiting a long time for this (like everyone else thats a fan) And snake, I said don't worry about it for now.

My WIP of the old Homeworld cylon raider upgraded to HW2. Unzip and place the vgr_interceptor.hod in HW2_ROOT/Data/ship/vgr_interceptor and start with the -overrideBigFile option enable.

No team colors or badge yet and as this is just the hod, the engine trails, guns, and icon are not right, those items are on my list.

Doing this conversion has given me more respect for the modders out there. Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by yafn; 16th Jul 05 at 9:21 PM. Reason: removed old zip

Vengence
    For now, I will wait until the viper is out then I will use it. It just wouldn't look right that Hiig fighters are fighting the Cylons (don't get me wrong, I just prefer to wait until the viper is ready)

Even then this is the old style raider I'll finish up the uv mapping on the mark II, she is going to model the new style raider.

Vengence
    "She?"

threewayfall

heads up...

yafn: just got your pm, sorry for taking so long to come back to you, been off the scene for a while.

Hey everyone, hope you're all well. I posted a couple of models a while back, yafn's already linked the thread so i won't bother (lazy...). Might be worth a read though, I had a few ideas about ships, gameplay etc.
    Basically that thread got killed off pretty sharpish and it put me off taking the idea any further, it didn't seem like there was too much interest. Don't really have the time to get too heavily involved in a project now but i'm more than happy to let someone have my models for conversion into HW2.

@threewayfall - np, I figured something like that was the reason, I'm just glad you checked back in. I don't have a ton of time either, but using your models and not having to model them ourselves will make it happen that much quicker. Thanks!

Here is my current work in progress. Two ships, the Old Cylon Raider and Colonial Viper MKII. The viper needs another LOD, and the existing LODs need a bit of poly reduction.

Plenty of room for folks to pitch in if they would like to. I've setup BsgShipTuning.xls to make it easier for people to tune the raider and viper if they would like.

I have a couple of busy weeks ahead of me and won't have much access to HW2, but will be doing some modeling, uvmapping, etc.
    Last edited by yafn; 26th Feb 06 at 1:01 PM. Reason: remove old zip, put image in cut

Vengence
    Cool! Although I don't like the old raider, I'll just imagine I'm playing the videogame version of bsg (which is based off the old series). Time for me to start kicking some red eyed bots.

Lancefighter
    On the viper, the new one, not one placed over the interceptor, the top engine trail is missing

Good catch, Lancefighter, thanks. I had a typo in by BsgShipTuning.xls, the index number of the last setEngineTrail was set to 3, it should be 2. You could regenerate the ship files using the BsgShipTuning.xls, or just edit your HW2_ROOT\Data\ship\hgn_col_viper_mkii\Hgn_Col_Viper_MKII.ship and change it, it's the third line up from the bottom.

Lancefighter
    like this?
    Code:
    setEngineTrail(NewShipType,3,2,"trail_ribbon.tga",0.1,0.5,0.025,6);
    to this:
    Code:
    setEngineTrail(NewShipType,2,2,"trail_ribbon.tga",0.1,0.5,0.025,6);
    right?
    how do you use the ship tuneing thing?
    Last edited by Lancefighter; 19th Jul 05 at 8:10 AM.

Right on Lancefighter!

Assuming you have access to M$ excel, you can use the BsgShipTuning.xls to "tune" the ships via the ShipData tab and write out the .ship files using the big Create/Update/Export Ship Data button. Basicaly the BsgShipTuning.xls knows how to write out properly formatted .ship files and lets you see all your ships data from one location.

Lancefighter
    ok, im pretty shure i dont have m$ excel, so then the ship tuner is useless?

KingCroak
    You can use open office to manipulate .xls files I think.

put images in spoiler

threewayfall sent his models to me, not sure I will get them in before I am away for a week... but here are some screen shots of his raider in the mix. Looks like a HW2 bug will keep me from having vipers launching from the galactica the same way they do in the shows.

images

Last edited by yafn; 26th Feb 06 at 1:08 PM.

Totally AWSOME! Is that the new Galactica or the old one, but it doesnt matter cus they both rock, and would be sweet if you could put em both in. GOOD JOB!

Vengence
    Looks a little like the old one... oh well who care I still like it.

Yes, thats the old Galactica. There is so much work to be done I am hoping SnakeChicken gets the ploy count down on the new Galactica he posted the screen shot of on page 1, before I am modeling the new one.

Thanks for the supportive comments, helps to keep the energy level up

sanityflare
    Have it down to around 40k ( from the origional at half a million lol) but have been at a famaily funeral this week , wake etc. Just havent had the time to do anything, at most i get an hour free but over the next few days i should be back

Macross21r
    The Cylon Raiders are from the new

The Viper MKII and Old Cylon Raiders LODs poly counts have been reduced. Added the LOD0 of threewayfalls new Cylon Raider. Added the LOD0 of the Old Cylon Basestar and Old Colonial Battlestar. The BsgShipTunning.xls has also been updated to include the LOD0 ships, as well as the other ships we have models for but are not yet in the addon. The only changes made to the .ship files is the fix to the trail lancefighter reported.

I'll be out of town this week, with no access to HW2.

@SnakeChiken, sorry to hear about your loss. I understand that it will be ready when its ready I'm just really looking forward to it.
    Last edited by yafn; 26th Feb 06 at 1:02 PM. Reason: remove old zip

More screen shots

It will probably be a week or two till the next upgrade of the Addon, I have some specific goals in mind. Here are some screen shots on more of what I have been working on.

images

Last edited by yafn; 26th Feb 06 at 1:09 PM. Reason: put images in spoiler

Cheech Marin
    Looks to me like you're planning on making that container ship a carrier of sorts. I would like to inquire as to how the vipers are going to launch from it. Are the containers going to work like hangars on normal carriers where there is an opening from which the vipers emerge, or is there some kind of "docking clamp" thing, like on a support frigate?

if you wanted to use the 'docking clamp' idea, you'd need a new animation to make it look cool (which would be tough to do). This looks excellent! Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the support. I sort of discarded the idea of animations for launching and docking when I first thought about it, as there is already so much work to do... but I've gone ahead and added it to the list. Just because it is on the list doesn't mean there is some promise that it will ever get done

Currently the vipers are flying through container walls, pretty shoddy if someone who knows (or wants to learn) how to do animations and would like to take on the task, I would happly add their names to the credits! Same thing goes for the ship tuning!

You know,i could have sworn ive posted in this thread,earlier in it.

Ah well,this looks like we will have a BSG mod for hw2 If you need more ships,how about trying a few of the civilian ships?Like colonial one,that Olympic carrier,ect.

So,this probally is for the new series,i guess.Anyone see the new season?ive only seen the first,keep forgeting to watch sci-Fi,will tonight though.

*Admiral666 uses jedi mindtrick on self;WATCH BSG ON SCI-FI TONIGHT.<Enter sample caption text here>WATCH BSG ON SCI-FI TONIGHT*(will take away caps if mods(locutus)request.)

btw,yafn,check the link to your site.

well,i can get to the plain geekfarm page(lol?)and it says ie doesnt work for it,but i use Firefox.

i dont know.could you give a link not the main geekfarm,not your mods link,but maybe a link leading to your mods page?

and to that erik meade site.

wait....thats not a site,just a download!?!?!?Everytime i went,it barely loaded,called untitled,and was blank page.

now,i got to jsut hw2,find several downloads!!

look in my downloads thingy,have:
    bsg addon
    bsg addon 1
    bsg addon 2
    bsg addon 3
    bsg addon 4
    bsg addon 5

...................................................................... :bombface:
    :jaw: :stfu:
    lol!sorry,didnt realize that

yes..lol.I am not a CPU idiot,i just didnt relize that was a download.
    Last edited by admiral666; 5th Aug 05 at 11:52 PM.
    "You just can't help but notice the irony when someone says "Get a life" in a online message board."

New ships are on the list, for what I have in mind the Raptor is the next new ship I will be focusing on, but that is a ways down the road still.

I have more of old models than new. The new series reused some of the old series models, so the container ships are the same for both

The link seems to be working for me (using firefox) (and 41 other IPs). It looks like you have download the zip a few times. Do you have a program to unzip?
    Last edited by yafn; 26th Feb 06 at 1:03 PM. Reason: remove old zip

I didn't see much of the old series but weren't there some planets that the fleet met and they were having a civil war or something. I remember they had destroyers or cruisers. I think the name of the planet was terra.

Nekokaburi
    terra = earth, and is the "long lost xx'th colony"
    And yes, there was a civil war there when the galactica found it. If I'm not mistaken, terran tech was very much inferior to that of the galactica and its crew.
    Long time ago that I watched any of that stuff tho.

Vengence
    Something about the East and West Alliance or something right?

Dunno-I had the names of some of the battlestars, but i forgot..

Oh yeah,Atlantis,i think.

Yes the Eastern Alliance had destroyers that sucked. Paradeem was the planet they used bio weapons on, and the most advanced weapons aside from those they had were ICBM's. Luna 7 was the colony/prison, and Terra was the Homeworld.
    "Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Vengence
    So what happend after that? The last episode I saw was when an Eastern Alliance destroyer was captured by Apollo and Starbuck and piloted to the Galactica.

After watching hours and hours of BSG ( I <3 my Tivo), we decided to take some artistic license with threewayfall's MKVII model.

images

We are way behind schedule at this point, full time gigs have been taking up all our time.
    Last edited by yafn; 26th Feb 06 at 1:10 PM. Reason: put images in spoiler

Page 1 of 42 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information