New Necron Superheavy?

New Necron Superheavy?

The Medusa V warroom seems to be down (at least for me) BUT I do remember seeing something of note in the Necron battle report.

Apparently an Imperial guard engagement with Necron monoliths also recorded the presence of a new necron super heavy vehicle. A huge spider like construct with a glowing green energy weapon fired from it's abdomen. Could this be a new weapon we'll see in Epic and forgeworld?

Underground Mars: Poking a sleeping C'Tan
    Would be cool to see a Tabletop model. Can you linky that battle report?

Would be neat jsut to have a new Tomb Spider model though. Get a sweet plastic kit with the option of hooking up the particle projector in the chest... mmmmm... sweeeettttt.....

yeah,can you show the link?

there havn't been any new stuff since the little spider like scarabs came out like a half year ago...

The Medusa V warroom seems to be down (at least for me)
    C'mon guys, don't you think he'd post the link if he could?

veeery nice...

Warroom is up

http://medusav.uk.games-workshop.com...s/necrons2.htm

Link there, direct quote:
    The Cadian 12th, along with a detachment of Imperial Fists Astartes, a Baneblade and two mighty Warlord titans from the Legio Skarlos have encountered a vast Necron force on the ash wastes of Battle Zone Hydra. The Necrons had already been gathering in numbers by the time the warriors and epic war machines of the beloved Emperor drew the Xenos into battle. Their forces included many Obelisks, waves of Destroyers and a large – and never before seen – mechanical spider-like creature with a massive glowing thorax. The fighting was fierce, with the Imperial Fists acquitting themselves well by destroying at least five of the Obelisks. Unfortunately the Baneblade was lost due to the destructive might of the spider-shaped abomination. We do have low-res pict captures of this Necron construct but my mentors in Ordo Xenos have censored these.

so where do you guyz think is the picture?

Tael
    sounds like a necron titan...

Thought the thread read new necron superhighway, you may lose your soul but u will be in work on time!

MalicousIntent
    Do Necrons get titans?

Nobody says they can't, but they aren't titans, just probably the same scale mechanized units.

I haven't heard anything of that nature, but then again I'm naive about Necrons to be totally frank about it.
    - Death is the only thing that can hold you back in Life.
    - Warriors are formed under heat and pressure, as are the tools they use.
    - There is No, No win Situation.

MalicousIntent
    What if its just a Spyder with a bunch of mounted guns..

that attacking force sounds very wierd,

a baneblade and 2 warlord titans, arnt baneblade usally fielded in units, and how come there is no smaller titans.

also whats an Obelisks? a bigger monolith?

Zing, now we know what Relic may have been doing.

Daton

no i think when they say Obrlisks they mean monoliths, there just differnt names for them

einstein007
    I think there is a "Necron Titan" floating around using the VDR. Do they need a superheavy though? The Necron Pylon doesn't get much play (IMHO) and I think most people would rather see a new regular unit for the 'Crons.

My $0.02

17. Tabletop Senior Member  #17
    Professional Gunman Dooks Dizzo's Avatar
    I can picture many new Necron armies featuring: Night Bringer, 2 monoliths and a Super heavy thing. Leaving them 200 points to spend on troops.

but dont super heavies use their own organistion chart which you can only get in huge battles anyway, or they have point limits. like only in battles 2000+.

Underground Mars: Poking a sleeping C'Tan
    Yea and Necrons have never really been shown to have "Titans" per se- however they can teleport in Obelisks which are "Tian Killers" in the FW Armoury book. They are pretty big and scary, but for TT I think a new bigger Necron Model would be way sweet! :evil:

Sounds nifty, especially if a new Titan scale vehicle for Necrons might spur interest in a refresh of Epic.

They could add Necrons, Tau, and 'nids, update the rules, generally put some effort into it. Otherwise, I say scrap Epic TT and make it a TBS game for the PC.

An object at rest cannot be stopped.

Touristo
    Dooks: Yeah, and then they get phased out after like 4 kills against their troops.

well the necrons once waged wars on the old ones, so they must have had titans or constructs as big as titan to combat people like the eldar who use titans.

Sounds like

NECRONS

Sealed deep within the hidden vaults under the Edafos, once accessible only from within Edethor's Mouth, lies the Crypt Stalker . This creation of ancient purposes is likened to a Tomb Spyder of gargantuan proportions.

Aeons ago, this Necron creature was defeated and sealed in by the Old Ones, but now, the mining operations of the Imperials, having crossed the Edafos, have reached the vicinity of the ancient tombs and are breaking those seals down; the still-dormant Crypt Stalker begins to wake.
    http://medusav.uk.games-workshop.com...0/thexenos.htm
    "In the future, I plan on taking more of an active role in the decisions I make." ~Paris Hilton

MalicousIntent
    Alright, go us...

ZeronX
    Hahaha. Got to love that Phase Out rule, eh Touristo?

Anywho... are there any pictures of these super-heavy things?

Scorpion
    Hmmm...

Consider the rumours of the so called "Apocalypse" expansion for WH40K dealing with +2500 point games...
    Consider the Ork Gargant concept leaked this year...
    Consider GW staff's hint of a plastic superheavy in the making...
    And now this sudden appearence of a Necron Titan?

I really hope this is a very, very smart marketing move! (or a sign of things to come...)

apocalypse?

damz
    scorpion it was an ork stompa concept that was released and is only the size of a land raider, not exactly titan sized

RaiDK
    It would seem some of the bigger Necron stuff is starting to emerge...

Ninja_of_DooM
    Me likey, me likey! Would make a great addition to my expanding army. :evilnod: :evilnod:

And another snippet from the UK Medusa V site:
    Necrons are preparing to activate the mighty and ancient Crypt Stalker, a gigantic machine previously dormant within Edethor's Mouth, which will surely break the enemy lines once it reaches the Edafos.
    I would love to see it activated, especially if they get that shield of theirs working too.
    Last edited by Ninja_of_DooM; 24th Jul 06 at 6:49 AM.

omega the end
    Well this guarentees they won't get those pylons working, most likely. But if they do this may be a new model for them like almost every other army got.

i think that quote implys there is only one of them...

but a new necron unit would be good, FW havent got much in the way of anything necron

well, i wouldnt really count the pylon

Scorpion
    Quote Originally Posted by damz
    scorpion it was an ork stompa concept that was released and is only the size of a land raider, not exactly titan sized
    Who said anything about Titans? I was talking about superheavies. It has been rumoured that the next Expansion book for WH40K, know as "Apocalypse", will deal with battles upwards of 2500 points and will include rules for Superheavy Tanks.

Hints by GW staff of a plastic Baneblade, the leaked Stompa concept and now the news of teh Necron Cryptstalker seen to atleast point in that direction...

Edgier than a black katana Shuma's Avatar
    Finnaly more Necron Units, this is goin to be fun.

(If they indeed make another necron mini)
    Pro-Skub, supporting the idea of new heroes for the Last Stand as DLC since 1967.
    Mod forum: SWR

I'm not stupid enough to tell you that I'm British!
    I was actually told on my forum that FW are rumoured to release a new Necron thing.

I doubt that this would be the Crypt stalker though.

Furthurmore, It's only a rumour, or an idea. Nothing much is really certain.
    Leader & (a) modeler/texture artist/animator of the

Closer-to-codex mod files - To expand your mod.
    Codex Toolbox project - for furthur mod expansion!
    One more thing:

Necrons

if its arachnid this titan is known as the Tomb Stalker, it shows that necrons are like millimetres compared to it & i probably cover an entire battlefield but in the novel Hellforged by Ben Counter that theres also a bettle like one

I love 4 year bumps!

Might be a good idea to check the date of the last post next time, Box. Threads, unlike Necrons, aren't supposed to rise from their graves.

38. Tabletop Senior Member Company of Heroes Senior Member Forum Subscriber  #38
    Indeed

Thread Information